Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, April 9th
Tulsa, OK - Wichita heads to Tulsa to close out the regular season tonight. Get ready for the match-up with this Wichita Brewing Company Game Day Capsule:
Wichita at Tulsa - 7:05 p.m., BOK Center, Tulsa, OK
Last 10: 4-6-0-0
Rank: 4th place, Central Division, 48 points
Goals: Kenton Miller, 16
Assists: Kale Kerbashian, 29
Points: Kale Kerbashian, 43
+/-: Dalton Reum, -2
PIM: Dan Milan, 126
Last 10: 5-5-0-0
Rank: 3rd place, Central Division, 77 points
Goals: Phil Brewer, 25
Assists: Dennis Brown, 30
Points: Adam Pleskach, 48
+/-: Dennis Brown, Phil Brewer, +14
PIM: Mathieu Gagnon, 163
Oct. 16 BOK 3-2, W
Nov. 11 INTRUST 2-1, W (SO)
Nov. 27 BOK 2-0, L
Nov. 28 INTRUST 4-2, L
Dec. 18 BOK 3-2, W (OT)
Dec. 19 BOK 3-2, L (SO)
Dec. 26 INTRUST 2-1, L (SO)
Jan. 8 INTRUST 2-1, L (SO)
Jan. 9 BOK 6-4, L
Feb. 14 BOK 2-1, L (OT)
Apr. 6 INTRUST 5-1, L
Apr. 8 INTRUST 2-1, L
Apr. 9 BOK 7:05 p.m.
Wichita is 3-5-1-3 vs. Tulsa
HEAD TO HEAD - This is the 13th and final meeting of the season between the Thunder and the Oilers. All-time, Wichita is 134-115-27 against Tulsa and 60-63-13 on the road in the series.
275 - Tonight is the final meeting of the season between the Thunder and the Oilers. Tulsa has won both games this week, taking Wednesday's contest 5-1 and holding on for a 2-1 victory last night at INTRUST Bank Arena. Wednesday night's match-up was the 275th All-Time meeting between the longtime rivals.
BERGY - Domenic Alberga recorded his sixth goal in a Thunder uniform last night. He tipped home a shot from Donnie Harris, which helped cut the lead to one with less than 30 seconds remaining. It was his ninth goal of the season and 23rd point. The rookie forward out of Maple, Ontario has 14 points since coming to Wichita.
PENALTY SHOT - Christophe Lalancette had a penalty shot last night, which was the second time the Thunder had a penalty shot against. David Shantz was the goaltender of record for both opportunities and stopped both chances.
MILLER TIME - Kenton Miller took the team-lead in goals last week. He needs one more to tie his ECHL high from last season of 17. His career high as a pro (30) came during his rookie season in 2012-13 when he was with the Missouri Mavericks as a part of the Central Hockey League.
MILESTONES - Several Thunder players are nearing career milestones. Dan Milan is 18 games from playing in his 200th ECHL game. Landon Oslanski is three points away from 100 points in his pro career. Ian Lowe has 185 points in Thunder blue. Michael Neal is one games shy of playing in his 400th ECHL game and six points from 200 as a pro. Kale Kerbashian is seven points shy of 200 in his pro career.
THUNDERBOLTS...Landon Oslanski leads the team in shots (191)...Dan Milan leads the team with 130 penalty minutes...Wichita is first in the league in minor penalties (397)...Wichita is 12-1-1-1 when leading after two...Wichita is 11-12-6-6 in one-goal games...
TULSA NOTES - Ben Murphy and Shawn Bates have combined for 13 points in 13 games for Tulsa...Dan DeSalvo is still in Manitoba...Jussi Olkinuora has won back-to-back to starts this week against Wichita...
AROUND THE ECHL - There are 13 other games today in the ECHL. Toledo heads to Kalamazoo. Wheeling goes to Reading. Manchester takes on Adirondack. Florida hosts Orlando. Brampton is in Elmira. Greenville takes on Atlanta. South Carolina travels to Norfolk. Indy is in Fort Wayne. Evansville remains in Allen. Cincinnati takes on Quad City. Utah remains in Rapid City. Missouri plays at Idaho. Colorado faces Alaska.
UP NEXT - The team's season ticket holder end of the season party will take place on Monday, April 11th at 6 p.m. located at the Wichita Ice Center.
Season ticket holders can now put down their deposits to renew their seats for the upcoming 2016-17 season. Contact your ticket rep today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 9, 2016
- Steelheads drop season finale to Mavs - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Close Regular Season with 5-3 Win in Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Win Final Game of Regular Season 3-1 over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Fall in Finale - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Announce Playoff Schedule for First Round Matchup - Reading Royals
- Oilers Finish Season with 2-1 Overtime Win - Tulsa Oilers
- O'Donnell Ties Club Record in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Thrilling Finish Extends Final IceMen Game in Shootout Loss - Evansville IceMen
- Cyclones Victorious in Regular Season Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Take Season Finale in OT vs. Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Season Ends with Overtime Loss in Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Beat Admirals 5-4, Will Play Kalamazoo to Open Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Suffer Second Straight Slip Down the Stretch to Wheeling in Regular Season Finale, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Mallards Drop Regular Season Finale, Face Missouri in Opening Round of Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Wings Punch Ticket to Postseason in Finale Shutout - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Edged in Final Seconds of Season Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Close out 2015-16 Season with 5-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Conclude Season with Hard-Fought Loss at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Jackals Season Ends with 5-3 Loss to Brampton - Elmira Jackals
- Monarchs Release Playoff Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 5-4, in Regular Season Finale - Manchester Monarchs
- Kelly Cup Playoffs Schedule Announced: Thunder vs. Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- Ian Bateaux Scores Late Giving Atlanta 5-4 Win in Season Finale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Earn 19th Road Win in Regular Season Finale - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast End Season with Huge 5-3 Win over Jackals - Brampton Beast
- Toledo Finishes Regular Season with a 4-0 Loss in Kalamazoo - Toledo Walleye
- Rapid City Back in "Hockeyville" Competition - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, April 9th - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Sign Teddy Doherty to Standard Player Contract - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - April 9 - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Loaned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Patsch re-signs with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Host Thunder in Season Finale: Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Faille Recalled from Solar Bears to Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Notes: vs Quad City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday to Feature over $1,000 in Giveaways - Adirondack Thunder
- Team Awards Tonight - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack Thunder Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth with 4-3 Win over Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Jackals Close out Regular Season at Home against Brampton with Playoff Hopes on the Line - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: South Carolina at Norfolk, 7:15 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavericks Assigned Carter Verhaeghe from Sound Tigers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Final Regular Season Home Game Is Tonight, as the Playoffs Open Thursday - Allen Americans
- ECHL Today - April 9 - ECHL
- Hafner, Sivak Lead Aces to 2-0 Win over Eagles - Alaska Aces
- Hafner Claims First Pro Shutout as Aces Blank Eagles 2-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Americans Open the Playoffs at Home Next Thursday & Saturday - Allen Americans
- Statement Win for Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Fall in Rapid City; Home Playoff Dates Announced - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.