Hafner, Sivak Lead Aces to 2-0 Win over Eagles
ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - Goaltender Lukas Hafner made 34 saves for his first professional shutout, and winger Peter Sivak scored his 100th career ECHL goal as the Alaska Aces knocked off the Colorado Eagles 2-0 Friday night at the Sullivan Arena.
No scoring in the first period as each team enjoyed limited offensive opportunities. Alaska outshot Colorado 10-6 in the first 20 minutes, with the Aces getting the only power play of the period.
Alaska drew first blood at 11:02 of the second period. Ryan Tesink pulled a faceoff win back to Justin Breton who tipped the puck to Felix-Antoine Poulin. Poulin made his way quickly toward the deep slot and let go of a wrister that went through traffic and past Eagles goaltender Clarke Saunders into the net. The goal was Poulin's 8th of the season and was the eventual game winner. The Eagles outshot Alaska 16-10 in the period and went to the locker room with a 22-20 two-period advantage.
Colorado continued offensive pressure in the Alaska zone in the third period, but it was Sivak that gave the Aces a cushion with his 2 on 1 wrist shot that beat Saunders glove-side. Assists to Patrick Wellar and Stephen Perfetto.
Hafner was stellar in the Alaska net, making all the saves necessary for the Aces to win, and a few more.
Colorado ended up outshooting Alaska 34-28 for the game.
Alaska and Colorado will conclude the regular season with a Saturday night game, 7:15pm ADT at the Sullivan Arena.
For tickets, stop by the Aces ticket office at 15th and Gambell Saturday noon-5pm or go online at www.alaskaaces.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 9, 2016
- Steelheads drop season finale to Mavs - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Close Regular Season with 5-3 Win in Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Win Final Game of Regular Season 3-1 over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Fall in Finale - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Announce Playoff Schedule for First Round Matchup - Reading Royals
- Oilers Finish Season with 2-1 Overtime Win - Tulsa Oilers
- O'Donnell Ties Club Record in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Thrilling Finish Extends Final IceMen Game in Shootout Loss - Evansville IceMen
- Cyclones Victorious in Regular Season Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Take Season Finale in OT vs. Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Season Ends with Overtime Loss in Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Beat Admirals 5-4, Will Play Kalamazoo to Open Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Suffer Second Straight Slip Down the Stretch to Wheeling in Regular Season Finale, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Mallards Drop Regular Season Finale, Face Missouri in Opening Round of Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Wings Punch Ticket to Postseason in Finale Shutout - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Edged in Final Seconds of Season Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Close out 2015-16 Season with 5-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Conclude Season with Hard-Fought Loss at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Jackals Season Ends with 5-3 Loss to Brampton - Elmira Jackals
- Monarchs Release Playoff Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 5-4, in Regular Season Finale - Manchester Monarchs
- Kelly Cup Playoffs Schedule Announced: Thunder vs. Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- Ian Bateaux Scores Late Giving Atlanta 5-4 Win in Season Finale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Earn 19th Road Win in Regular Season Finale - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast End Season with Huge 5-3 Win over Jackals - Brampton Beast
- Toledo Finishes Regular Season with a 4-0 Loss in Kalamazoo - Toledo Walleye
- Rapid City Back in "Hockeyville" Competition - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, April 9th - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Sign Teddy Doherty to Standard Player Contract - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - April 9 - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Loaned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Patsch re-signs with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Host Thunder in Season Finale: Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Faille Recalled from Solar Bears to Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Notes: vs Quad City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday to Feature over $1,000 in Giveaways - Adirondack Thunder
- Team Awards Tonight - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack Thunder Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth with 4-3 Win over Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Jackals Close out Regular Season at Home against Brampton with Playoff Hopes on the Line - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: South Carolina at Norfolk, 7:15 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavericks Assigned Carter Verhaeghe from Sound Tigers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Final Regular Season Home Game Is Tonight, as the Playoffs Open Thursday - Allen Americans
- ECHL Today - April 9 - ECHL
- Hafner, Sivak Lead Aces to 2-0 Win over Eagles - Alaska Aces
- Hafner Claims First Pro Shutout as Aces Blank Eagles 2-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Americans Open the Playoffs at Home Next Thursday & Saturday - Allen Americans
- Statement Win for Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Fall in Rapid City; Home Playoff Dates Announced - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.