ECHL Today - April 9
April 9, 2016 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
A preview of ECHL games for Saturday, April 9, 2016
Toledo Walleye (47-19-5) at Kalamazoo Wings (37-28-6) 7 p.m. ET
- Toledo's Tyler Sikura is third among rookies with 11 power-play assists.
- Kalamazoo's Joel Martin leads the league with 35 wins.
- Walleye are third with 2.39 goals-against per game.
- K-Wings are third with 3.23 goals per game.
Wheeling Nailers (36-26-9) at Reading Royals (36-25-10) 7 p.m. ET
- Wheeling's Riley Brace is tied for fifth with 66 points (26g-40a).
- Cam Reid leads Reading against the Nailers with seven points (3g-4a).
- Nailers are 23-7-2 when scoring first.
- Royals are tied for third on the power play at home at 19.7 percent (28-for-142).
Manchester Monarchs (38-24-9) at Adirondack Thunder (38-27-6) 7 p.m. ET
- Manchester's Maxim Kitsyn is second in the league in plus-minus at +35.
- Adirondack's Ken Appleby is fourth among rookie goaltenders with a 2.24 goals-against average.
- Monarchs are second on the power play on the road at 22.5 percent (25-for-111).
- Thunder are 30-0-2 when leading after two periods.
Orlando Solar Bears (33-29-9) at Florida Everblades (45-23-3) 7 p.m. ET
- Eric Faille leads Orlando against the Everblades with 11 points (6g-5a).
- Florida's Kevin Lynch is on a nine-game point streak since March 20 (7g-11a).
- Solar Bears are 23-1-1 when leading after one period.
- Everblades are third with 27.58 shots-against per game.
Brampton Beast (22-38-11) at Elmira Jackals (37-29-5) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Mike Vernace leads Brampton against the Jackals with six points (1g-5a).
- Elmira's Shane Owen is third with 1,233 saves.
- Beast are tied for fifth with nine shorthanded goals.
- Jackals are fifth with 32.18 shots per game.
Greenville Swamp Rabbits (29-32-10) at Atlanta Gladiators (33-31-7) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Scott Fleming leads Greenville against the Gladiators with seven goals.
- Atlanta's Max Everson is tied for third among defensemen with six power-play goals.
- Swamp Rabbits are third with a .438 shootout percentage (7-for-16).
- Gladiators are tied for the league lead with three shorthanded goals against.
South Carolina Stingrays (43-18-10) at Norfolk Admirals (30-36-5) 7:15 p.m. ET
- Joe Devin leads South Carolina against the Admirals with seven points (2g-5a).
- Steven Whitney leads Norfolk with 55 points (23g-32a).
- Stingrays are 22-2-5 in their last 29 games.
- Admirals are 9-0-5 in games decided in overtime or a shootout.
Indy Fuel (32-36-3) at Fort Wayne Komets (39-23-9) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Indy's Peter Schneider is fourth among rookies with 200 shots on goal.
- Mike Embach leads Fort Wayne against the Fuel with 11 points (4g-7a).
- Fuel are league's second-least penalized team with 10.96 penalty minutes per game.
- Komets lead the league with 3.34 goals per game.
Evansville IceMen (29-34-8) at Allen Americans (40-24-7) 7:05 p.m. CT
- Evansville's Jordan Sims is fifth among rookies in plus-minus at +17.
- Allen's Eric Roy leads rookie defensemen with seven power-play goals.
- IceMen are 13-1-6 when leading after two periods.
- Americans are 29-4-3 when scoring first.
Cincinnati Cyclones (35-27-9) at Quad City Mallards (37-28-6) 7:05 p.m. CT
- Cincinnati's Nick Huard leads the league with 15 power-play goals.
- Stephen Perfetto is third among rookies with 208 shots on goal.
- Eagles are 24-15-3 against West Division opponents.
- Aces are tied for seventh with five shorthanded goals against.
Kelly Cup Playoffs Update
Kalamazoo can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Saturday if:
Kalamazoo wins OR Kalamazoo loses in overtime/shootout OR Elmira loses
Elmira can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Saturday if:
Elmira wins AND Kalamazoo loses in regulation
Idaho can clinch the West Division title on Saturday if:
Idaho wins OR Idaho loses in overtime/shootout OR Colorado loses
Colorado can clinch the West Division title on Saturday if:
Colorado wins AND Idaho loses in regulation
LONGEST ASSIST STREAK, ONE SEASON
20 - David Desharnais, Cincinnati Cyclones, Jan. 5-Feb. 29, 2008 (30 assists)
18 - Chad Costello, Allen Americans, Feb. 26, 2016-Present (28 assists)
17 - Peter Kasowski, Roanoke Valley Rebels, Oct. 26-Dec. 7, 1991 (28 assists)
15 - Scott Bertoli, Trenton Titans, Feb. 16-April 4, 2000 (21 assists)
- Mike Reier, Dayton Bombers, Oct. 23-Nov. 28, 1992 (24 assists)
- John Spoltore, Louisiana Ice Gators, Oct. 17-Nov. 24, 1998 (22 assists)
- John Spoltore, Louisiana Ice Gators, Dec. 20, 1997-Jan. 16, 1998 (23 assists)
- Matt Robbins, Charlotte Checkers, Jan. 12-March 11, 1994 (18 assists)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 9, 2016
- Steelheads drop season finale to Mavs - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Close Regular Season with 5-3 Win in Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Win Final Game of Regular Season 3-1 over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Fall in Finale - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Announce Playoff Schedule for First Round Matchup - Reading Royals
- Oilers Finish Season with 2-1 Overtime Win - Tulsa Oilers
- O'Donnell Ties Club Record in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Thrilling Finish Extends Final IceMen Game in Shootout Loss - Evansville IceMen
- Cyclones Victorious in Regular Season Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Take Season Finale in OT vs. Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Season Ends with Overtime Loss in Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Beat Admirals 5-4, Will Play Kalamazoo to Open Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Suffer Second Straight Slip Down the Stretch to Wheeling in Regular Season Finale, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Mallards Drop Regular Season Finale, Face Missouri in Opening Round of Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Wings Punch Ticket to Postseason in Finale Shutout - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Edged in Final Seconds of Season Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Close out 2015-16 Season with 5-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Conclude Season with Hard-Fought Loss at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Jackals Season Ends with 5-3 Loss to Brampton - Elmira Jackals
- Monarchs Release Playoff Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 5-4, in Regular Season Finale - Manchester Monarchs
- Kelly Cup Playoffs Schedule Announced: Thunder vs. Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- Ian Bateaux Scores Late Giving Atlanta 5-4 Win in Season Finale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Earn 19th Road Win in Regular Season Finale - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast End Season with Huge 5-3 Win over Jackals - Brampton Beast
- Toledo Finishes Regular Season with a 4-0 Loss in Kalamazoo - Toledo Walleye
- Rapid City Back in "Hockeyville" Competition - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, April 9th - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Sign Teddy Doherty to Standard Player Contract - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - April 9 - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Loaned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Patsch re-signs with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Host Thunder in Season Finale: Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Faille Recalled from Solar Bears to Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Notes: vs Quad City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday to Feature over $1,000 in Giveaways - Adirondack Thunder
- Team Awards Tonight - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack Thunder Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth with 4-3 Win over Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Jackals Close out Regular Season at Home against Brampton with Playoff Hopes on the Line - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: South Carolina at Norfolk, 7:15 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavericks Assigned Carter Verhaeghe from Sound Tigers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Final Regular Season Home Game Is Tonight, as the Playoffs Open Thursday - Allen Americans
- ECHL Today - April 9 - ECHL
- Hafner, Sivak Lead Aces to 2-0 Win over Eagles - Alaska Aces
- Hafner Claims First Pro Shutout as Aces Blank Eagles 2-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Americans Open the Playoffs at Home Next Thursday & Saturday - Allen Americans
- Statement Win for Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Fall in Rapid City; Home Playoff Dates Announced - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.