Mariners Open Preseason this Weekend in New Hampshire
The Maine Mariners will hit the ice as a team for the first time this weekend as they play a pair of preseason games at The Rinks at Exeter in Exeter, New Hampshire against two divisional opponents. The Mariners are the home team in tonight's game, which begins at 7:00 PM against the Worcester Railers. Sunday afternoon is a 4:35 PM puck drop against the Manchester Monarchs, the Mariners will serve as the away team. Both games are open to the public free of charge and both will be carried on the Mariners radio network powered by Mixlr. The link to tune in is MarinersOfMaine.com/listen.
Since training camp began on Tuesday, three players have been released from their tryouts: G Brian Billet, F Austin Vieth, and F/D Lane King. The Mariners training camp roster currently sits at 28 players, with 21 active spots available for the first 30 days of the regular season. The roster size then drops to 20. More cuts are expected to come on Monday.
The Mariners open the regular season a week from today when the Adirondack Thunder visit the Cross Insurance Arena for a 6:00 PM faceoff. Single game tickets can be purchased at MarinersOfMaine.com or at the Trusted Choice Box Office inside the arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 6, 2018
- White Tops Blue in Intersquad Scrimmage - Jacksonville IceMen
- Royals Run Away from Thunder in Third, 6-3 - Reading Royals
- O'Connor Backstops Nailers to Shootout Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Wings Fall in Penalty Filled Affair - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Sink Mariners 5-0 in Lone Tune up Before Regular Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Concludes Preseason with Loss in Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Blues Send Fitzpatrick to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Defeat Thunder in Lone Preseason Game - Tulsa Oilers
- Tulsa Takes Preseason Contest in Wichita, 4-2 - Wichita Thunder
- Goaltender Assigned to Jax - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Preview: Solar Bears Wrap up Preseason Tonight at Florida - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - October 6 - ECHL
- Luukko, Komm Returned to Royals on Loan from Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, October 6 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Open Preseason this Weekend in New Hampshire - Maine Mariners
- Americans Look to Sweep the Preseason - Allen Americans
- Thunder Plays Lone Exhibition Game Today vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Preview: 'Blades Host Solar Bears to Conclude Preseason - Florida Everblades
- Goalie Mason McDonald Re-Assigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Break Open in Second Period, Down Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Fall in Preseason Opener - Utah Grizzlies
- Olson Lifts Solar Bears to 5-4 Win over Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Drops Preseason Opener 6-3 to Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Score Four Unanswered to Beat Kansas City - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.