Goalie Mason McDonald Re-Assigned to Kansas City
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Goaltender Mason McDonald has been re-assigned from the Stockton Heat to the Kansas City Mavericks, announced Saturday by the Calgary Flames.
McDonald, 22, spent the majority of last season with the Mavericks, playing in 27 games between the pipes and finishing with a 3.16 Goals Against Average, .894 Save Percentage and a record of 11-14-0-1.
The 6-foot-4, 200-pound netminder set a season high of 39 saves against the Tulsa Oilers a year ago, and found success in his stint with the Stockton Heat later in the season with a 3.48 GAA and 3-1 record.
The Halifax, Nova Scotia native was a second round pick (34th overall) by the Calgary Flames in the 2014 NHL Draft and is in his third full professional season. He has seen time in both the AHL and ECHL in his two previous campaigns.
In 56 career ECHL games, McDonald owns a 24-23-2-4 record with one shutout, a 2.93 GAA and .895 SVP.
The Mavericks close out their preseason slate today with an afternoon contest against Allen and will begin their 10th season on Friday, Oct. 12 by playing host to the Americans.
Season tickets, mini packs and single-game tickets for the 2018-19 season are all on sale.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 6, 2018
- White Tops Blue in Intersquad Scrimmage - Jacksonville IceMen
- Royals Run Away from Thunder in Third, 6-3 - Reading Royals
- O'Connor Backstops Nailers to Shootout Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Wings Fall in Penalty Filled Affair - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Sink Mariners 5-0 in Lone Tune up Before Regular Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Concludes Preseason with Loss in Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Blues Send Fitzpatrick to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Defeat Thunder in Lone Preseason Game - Tulsa Oilers
- Tulsa Takes Preseason Contest in Wichita, 4-2 - Wichita Thunder
- Goaltender Assigned to Jax - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Preview: Solar Bears Wrap up Preseason Tonight at Florida - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - October 6 - ECHL
- Luukko, Komm Returned to Royals on Loan from Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, October 6 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Open Preseason this Weekend in New Hampshire - Maine Mariners
- Americans Look to Sweep the Preseason - Allen Americans
- Thunder Plays Lone Exhibition Game Today vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Preview: 'Blades Host Solar Bears to Conclude Preseason - Florida Everblades
- Goalie Mason McDonald Re-Assigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Break Open in Second Period, Down Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Fall in Preseason Opener - Utah Grizzlies
- Olson Lifts Solar Bears to 5-4 Win over Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Drops Preseason Opener 6-3 to Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Score Four Unanswered to Beat Kansas City - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.