Blues Send Fitzpatrick to Oilers
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's St. Louis Blues, and Head Coach Rob Murray announced Friday that the Blues have reassigned rookie goaltender Evan Fitzpatrick from the American Hockey League's San Antonio Rampage to the Oilers.
Fitzpatrick, 20, begins his pro career with the Oilers after taking part in both St. Louis and San Antonio training camps. The St. John's, Newfoundland native signed with the Blues during the summer after helping the Acadie-Bathurst Titan to the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League title and the 2018 Memorial Cup championship.
St. Louis selected the 6'3, 202 lbs. goaltender 59th overall in the second round of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft. He started his final junior season with the Sherbrooke Phoenix, where he went 9-9-1 with a 3.48 goals-against average and .874 save percentage, before he was traded to Acadie-Bathurst. Fitzpatrick then went 17-3-0 with a 2.24 GAA and a .915 save percentage for the Titan.
The Oilers also loaned forwards Peter Sivak and Ryan Tesink to the AHL's San Diego Gulls in separate transactions. Both players are expected to play tonight for the Gulls in Tucson against the Roadrunners.
The Oilers travel to Wichita Saturday to face the Wichita Thunder in an exhibition game at 4pm at the Wichita Ice Center in Tulsa's only preseason game. Fans interested in attending should first call the Wichita Thunder ticket office at 316-264-4625, as a limited number of seats are available.
The Tulsa Oilers begin their fifth ECHL season and 11th season of hockey at the BOK Center on Saturday, October 13, when the club hosts the Idaho Steelheads. Season and Group Tickets are on sale now by calling the Oilers front office at 918-632-7825. Visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 6, 2018
- White Tops Blue in Intersquad Scrimmage - Jacksonville IceMen
- Royals Run Away from Thunder in Third, 6-3 - Reading Royals
- O'Connor Backstops Nailers to Shootout Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Wings Fall in Penalty Filled Affair - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Sink Mariners 5-0 in Lone Tune up Before Regular Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Concludes Preseason with Loss in Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Blues Send Fitzpatrick to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Defeat Thunder in Lone Preseason Game - Tulsa Oilers
- Tulsa Takes Preseason Contest in Wichita, 4-2 - Wichita Thunder
- Goaltender Assigned to Jax - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Preview: Solar Bears Wrap up Preseason Tonight at Florida - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - October 6 - ECHL
- Luukko, Komm Returned to Royals on Loan from Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, October 6 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Open Preseason this Weekend in New Hampshire - Maine Mariners
- Americans Look to Sweep the Preseason - Allen Americans
- Thunder Plays Lone Exhibition Game Today vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Preview: 'Blades Host Solar Bears to Conclude Preseason - Florida Everblades
- Goalie Mason McDonald Re-Assigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Break Open in Second Period, Down Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Fall in Preseason Opener - Utah Grizzlies
- Olson Lifts Solar Bears to 5-4 Win over Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Drops Preseason Opener 6-3 to Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Score Four Unanswered to Beat Kansas City - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.