Game Preview: Solar Bears Wrap up Preseason Tonight at Florida
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades
VENUE: Hertz Arena, Estero, Fla.
DATE: Saturday, Oct. 6 at 7 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (2-0-0-0) complete their preseason schedule with another clash against the Florida Everblades (0-0-1-0), after picking up a 5-4 win on Friday night.
PEDERSEN, SIIRO CARRY STREAKS INTO TONIGHT: With points in both games, Brent Pedersen (1g-2a) and Ryan Siiro (1g-2a) each carry point streaks into the final game of the preseason. Both are expected to dress tonight.
MORE SHOTS FROM "THE HOUSE" PACING OFFENSE: As Friday's game went on, the Solar Bears appeared to settle into an offensive groove. After being forced to the perimeter of the offensive zone for much of the first period, Orlando seized the opportunity in the second and third frames, picking up 14 shots from in front of the net and between the face-off dots.
KELLEY'S TURN: After Corbin Boes got the start on Friday for the Solar Bears, fellow rookie netminder Dillon Kelley is expected to get the nod in net tonight for Orlando. The goalie is in camp on a tryout with Orlando after making his pro debut with the Norfolk Admirals last spring, following his graduation from Adrian College.
NEXT GAME: Orlando opens the 2018-19 regular season against the Atlanta Gladiators on Saturday, Oct. 13 at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center at 7 p.m.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 6, 2018
- White Tops Blue in Intersquad Scrimmage - Jacksonville IceMen
- Royals Run Away from Thunder in Third, 6-3 - Reading Royals
- O'Connor Backstops Nailers to Shootout Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Wings Fall in Penalty Filled Affair - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Sink Mariners 5-0 in Lone Tune up Before Regular Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Concludes Preseason with Loss in Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Blues Send Fitzpatrick to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Defeat Thunder in Lone Preseason Game - Tulsa Oilers
- Tulsa Takes Preseason Contest in Wichita, 4-2 - Wichita Thunder
- Goaltender Assigned to Jax - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Preview: Solar Bears Wrap up Preseason Tonight at Florida - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - October 6 - ECHL
- Luukko, Komm Returned to Royals on Loan from Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, October 6 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Open Preseason this Weekend in New Hampshire - Maine Mariners
- Americans Look to Sweep the Preseason - Allen Americans
- Thunder Plays Lone Exhibition Game Today vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Preview: 'Blades Host Solar Bears to Conclude Preseason - Florida Everblades
- Goalie Mason McDonald Re-Assigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Break Open in Second Period, Down Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Fall in Preseason Opener - Utah Grizzlies
- Olson Lifts Solar Bears to 5-4 Win over Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Drops Preseason Opener 6-3 to Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Score Four Unanswered to Beat Kansas City - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.