Iowa Wild Announces Full 2020-2021 Schedule
Iowa Wild and the American Hockey League announced today the complete 2020-21 schedule. The Wild are slated to play a shortened season of 34 games due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with an even split of home and road games.
"As we prepare for a season unlike any other in our 85-year history, our priorities are first and foremost health and safety," said AHL President and Chief Executive Officer Scott Howson. "Our main objective is to provide a safe environment for our players to continue their development towards a career in the National Hockey League."
For the seventh straight year, the Wild begin their season at Wells Fargo Arena as Iowa opens by welcoming the Texas Stars on Friday, Feb. 5 at 7:00 p.m. Opening night is game one of a four-game homestand for the Wild and is their longest consecutive stint at home of the season.
The home schedule includes 14 weekend games (six on Friday, six on Saturday, and two on Sunday) and three weekday matchups (one on Monday, one on Wednesday, and one on Tuesday). April sees the Wild at home five times, the most of any month, while February, March, and May feature four home games apiece. April also holds ten games in store for Iowa, the most total games of any month, and May contains the least with six.
All Friday home games feature $2.00 beer, presented by 100.3 "The Bus" (deal concludes at the end of the first period) and $3.00 off Captain Morgan products all game long. Saturday home contests include two for $12.00 Tallboys Happy Hour leading up to puck drop. Monday, Feb. 8 versus Texas is Dollar Dog Night and Tuesday, Apr. 13 versus Rockford is two for $12.00 Tallboys until the end of the first period. Additional game promotions, events, and giveaways will be announced at a later date.
The entirety of the Wild's regular season is comprised of Central Division opponents. Iowa plays Texas 12 times (six home, six road), Rockford ten times (five home, five road), Chicago eight times (four home, four road), and Grand Rapids four times (two home, two road). Milwaukee elected to opt-out of the 2020-21 season and former Central Division rival, Manitoba, is playing in the Canadian Division.
Wild 365 Season Ticket Members will have first access to redeeming their flex tickets on Monday, Jan. 25. Information will be delivered to the email account associated with their Wild 365 Membership on Friday, Jan. 22, and will be posted on the Wild 365 Member Hub (www.iowawild.com/365hub). Flex and Mini plans are on sale now, call 515-564-8700 or www.iowawild.com/tickets to learn more. Suites are also available, head to www.iowawild.com/tickets/suites-hospitality for more details. Single-game tickets are on sale to the general public on Friday, Jan. 29 at 10:00 a.m. and will be accessible at www.iowawild.com/games.
The Iowa Wild are committed to keeping fans, players, and staff safe. Our updated gameday protocols can be found at www.iowawild.com/gameday-faq.
American Hockey League games can be seen live on AHLTV. Details on subscription packages for the 2020-21 season can be found at AHLTV.com.
A comprehensive breakdown of the 2020-21 schedule is below.
Start Times at Home:
Monday - Friday: 7:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 6:00 p.m.
Sundays: 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Total Weekday Games (Monday-Thursday) Home/Away: 5 (3/2)
Total Weekend Games (Friday-Sunday) Home/Away: 29 (14/15)
Monthly Breakdown (Home/Away):
February: 9 (4/5)
March: 9 (4/5)
April: 10 (5/5)
May: 6 (4/2)
First 17 Games Home/Away: 8/9
Last 17 Games Home/Away: 9/8
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2021
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Max Jones from San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Q and A with New Coach Steve Potvin - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bears Announce Roster for 2021 Training Camp - Hershey Bears
- Noah Segall Named Video Coordinator - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Eagles Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Name Steve Potvin as Roadrunners Head Coach - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hockey Is Back in the Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Release AHL Regular Season Schedule - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Announce 34-Game Regular-Season Schedule - Binghamton Devils
- Hershey Bears Announce Schedule for 2020-21 Season - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Announce Schedule, 2021-22 Season Ticket Memberships - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Reveal Complete 2020-21 Season Schedule - Texas Stars
- Griffins Release 2020-21 Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Rochester Americans
- Condors Announce 2020-21 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Comets Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Utica Comets
- IceHogs Reveal 2020-21 Preseason and Regular Season Schedule - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Wild Announces Full 2020-2021 Schedule - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Gulls 2020-21 Schedule Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda 2020-21 Regular Season Game and Broadcast Schedule Announced - San Jose Barracuda
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Reign Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule - Ontario Reign
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule Presented by SeatGeek - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Unveil 2020-21 Schedule - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule - AHL
- Roadrunners Home Opener Slated for February 18 - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Jose Gets Best of Gulls in Preseason Meeting - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.