Chicago Wolves Unveil 2020-21 Schedule
GLENVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Wolves announced Friday they will play 30 games during the American Hockey League's abbreviated 2020-21 regular season. New head coach Ryan Warsofsky and his squad open the organization's 27th season by hosting the Grand Rapids Griffins at 7 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 5.
The Chicago Wolves training facility at Triphahn Ice Arena in Hoffman Estates will serve as the site for all home games. Fans cannot attend home games in accordance with the Illinois Department of Public Health's COVID-19 safety protocols, but all Wolves games will be available via AHLTV.
The Wolves' schedule consists exclusively of Central Division foes as the franchise chases its fourth division title in the last five years. Chicago will play 10 games against Grand Rapids, eight games against the Iowa Wild and the Rockford IceHogs and four times against the Cleveland Monsters. The Texas Stars round out the six-team division, but the Wolves and Stars won't meet.
Since playing their last game of the truncated 2019-20 season on March 8, the Wolves have welcomed a new NHL partner in the Carolina Hurricanes as the teams signed a three-year contract in September. The Wolves also forged a one-year affiliation with the NHL's Nashville Predators earlier this month. This agreement provides a home for the Predators' prospects after their longtime AHL partner, the Milwaukee Admirals, could not field a team this season.
Warsofsky and assistant coaches Patrick Dwyer and Bob Nardella will lead a roster split between players from the Charlotte and Nashville organizations. The 36-man preseason roster features several rookies selected early in recent NHL Entry Drafts -- a group that includes Dominik Bokk, Seth Jarvis and Ryan Suzuki -- along with 14 players who own NHL experience.
The Wolves roster also boasts a handful of professionals with Chicago-area roots. Twenty-one-year- old defenseman Joey Keane, an AHL All-Rookie Team honoree last year, was born in Chicago and grew up in Homer Glen. Forward Dave Gust hails from Orland Park while forward Lukas Craggs was born and raised in Elmhurst. All could make their local professional debut during the Wolves' lone exhibition -- a 2 p.m. game on Wednesday, Jan. 27, vs. Rockford.
For just $34.99, fans can watch all 30 Wolves games this season on AHLTV. Subscription packages can be purchased at AHLTV.com, but Wolves season-ticket members can get an even better deal by contacting their ticket representative, visiting ChicagoWolves.com or calling 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
2020-21 CHICAGO WOLVES SCHEDULE
All home games held at the Chicago Wolves Training Facility
(Triphahn Ice Arena; Hoffman Estates, IL)
All games will be streamed on AHLTV.com
Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2 p.m. vs. Rockford
Friday, Feb. 5: 7 p.m. vs. Grand Rapids
Thursday, Feb. 11: 2 p.m. vs. Grand Rapids
Saturday, Feb. 20: 7 p.m. vs. Iowa
Sunday, Feb. 21: 3 p.m. vs. Iowa
Friday, Feb. 26: 6 p.m. at Grand Rapids
Sunday, Feb. 28: 3 p.m. vs. Grand Rapids
Friday, March 5: 7 p.m. vs. Cleveland
Saturday, March 6: 3 p.m. vs. Cleveland
Saturday, March 13: 6 p.m. at Iowa
Sunday, March 14: 3 p.m. at Iowa
Friday, March 19: 5 p.m. at Grand Rapids
Tuesday, March 23: 6 p.m. at Grand Rapids
Saturday, March 27: 7 p.m. vs. Rockford
Sunday, March 28: 4 p.m. at Rockford
Thursday, April 1: 2 p.m. vs. Grand Rapids
Saturday, April 3: 7 p.m. vs. Rockford
Wednesday, April 7: 6 p.m. at Rockford
Friday, April 9: 7 p.m. at Iowa
Saturday, April 10: 6 p.m. at Iowa
Saturday, April 17: 6 p.m. at Rockford
Wednesday, April 21: 7 p.m. vs. Rockford
Friday, April 23: 6 p.m. at Cleveland
Sunday, April 25: Noon at Cleveland
Friday, April 30: 7 p.m. vs. Iowa
Saturday, May 1: 7 p.m. vs. Iowa
Friday, May 7: 6 p.m. at Grand Rapids
Sunday, May 9: 3 p.m. vs. Grand Rapids
Wednesday, May 12: 6 p.m. at Grand Rapids
Friday, May 14: 6 p.m. at Rockford
Saturday, May 15: 7 p.m. vs. Rockford
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2021
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Max Jones from San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Q and A with New Coach Steve Potvin - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bears Announce Roster for 2021 Training Camp - Hershey Bears
- Noah Segall Named Video Coordinator - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Eagles Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Name Steve Potvin as Roadrunners Head Coach - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hockey Is Back in the Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Release AHL Regular Season Schedule - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Announce 34-Game Regular-Season Schedule - Binghamton Devils
- Hershey Bears Announce Schedule for 2020-21 Season - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Announce Schedule, 2021-22 Season Ticket Memberships - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Reveal Complete 2020-21 Season Schedule - Texas Stars
- Griffins Release 2020-21 Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Rochester Americans
- Condors Announce 2020-21 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Comets Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Utica Comets
- IceHogs Reveal 2020-21 Preseason and Regular Season Schedule - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Wild Announces Full 2020-2021 Schedule - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Gulls 2020-21 Schedule Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda 2020-21 Regular Season Game and Broadcast Schedule Announced - San Jose Barracuda
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Reign Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule - Ontario Reign
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule Presented by SeatGeek - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Unveil 2020-21 Schedule - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule - AHL
- Roadrunners Home Opener Slated for February 18 - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Jose Gets Best of Gulls in Preseason Meeting - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.