Hershey Bears Announce Schedule for 2020-21 Season
(Hershey, PA) - The Hershey Bears, in conjunction with the American Hockey League, have released the schedule for the 2020-21 season. The Bears open the new campaign on the road vs. Binghamton (at Newark, New Jersey) on Friday, Feb. 5, and the club's home opener is the following day, Saturday, Feb. 6 vs. Lehigh Valley at 4 p.m. at GIANT Center.
Fans are encouraged to visit stories.hersheypa.com/covid-19-safety-updates-from-hershey-bears-hockey/ for more information on Frequently Asked Questions and safety procedures for all home games at GIANT Center. A very limited number of seats will be available for home games. The club is finalizing on sale details for games in February and will share more information as soon as possible. Season Ticket Holders will have an opportunity to purchase single game tickets as part of an exclusive Season Ticket Holder presale.
The Bears 2020-21 campaign is presented by Penn State Health and features 36 regular season games, with 18 contests coming on home ice. Hershey's schedule will see the Chocolate and White play three teams, going head-to-head with geographic North Division rivals Lehigh Valley (14 games), Binghamton (12 games), and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (10 games). All games at Binghamton will be played in Newark, New Jersey this season.
Of Hershey's 18 home games, nine are on Saturday's, eight on Sunday's, and one on a Wednesday evening. Hershey's longest homestand is three games, which occurs two times from Apr. 11-17, and May 8-16.
The Bears have also announced a pair of preseason games. Hershey will visit Binghamton (at Newark, New Jersey) on Friday, Jan. 29 at 7 p.m. The Bears will host Lehigh Valley at the GIANT Center for exhibition action on Sunday, Jan. 31 at 1 p.m. The game will be closed to the public.
The Chocolate and White open the club's 2021 Training Camp presented by Planet Fitness on Saturday at GIANT Center. Training Camp and all practices during the 2020-21 season will be closed to the public. Virtual Zoom interviews with players and coaches are set to begin next week, and information will be distributed to media via email.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2021
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Max Jones from San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Q and A with New Coach Steve Potvin - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bears Announce Roster for 2021 Training Camp - Hershey Bears
- Noah Segall Named Video Coordinator - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Eagles Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Name Steve Potvin as Roadrunners Head Coach - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hockey Is Back in the Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Release AHL Regular Season Schedule - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Announce 34-Game Regular-Season Schedule - Binghamton Devils
- Hershey Bears Announce Schedule for 2020-21 Season - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Announce Schedule, 2021-22 Season Ticket Memberships - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Reveal Complete 2020-21 Season Schedule - Texas Stars
- Griffins Release 2020-21 Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Rochester Americans
- Condors Announce 2020-21 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Comets Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Utica Comets
- IceHogs Reveal 2020-21 Preseason and Regular Season Schedule - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Wild Announces Full 2020-2021 Schedule - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Gulls 2020-21 Schedule Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda 2020-21 Regular Season Game and Broadcast Schedule Announced - San Jose Barracuda
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Reign Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule - Ontario Reign
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule Presented by SeatGeek - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Unveil 2020-21 Schedule - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule - AHL
- Roadrunners Home Opener Slated for February 18 - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Jose Gets Best of Gulls in Preseason Meeting - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Sunday Road Game at Lehigh Valley Postponed
- Bears Weekly: Strong Goaltending Helps Bears Continue Winning Ways
- Bears Recall Goaltender Hunter Shepard from Stingrays
- Hershey's Wednesday Night Home Game Versus Lehigh Valley Postponed
- Protas Scores First AHL Goal, Copley and Bears Blank Penguins 2-0