IceHogs Reveal 2020-21 Preseason and Regular Season Schedule
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs, proud American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks, announced their 2020-21 preseason and regular season schedule.
The IceHogs open their 22nd season of hockey in the Stateline on Friday, Feb. 5 against the Cleveland Monsters at 6:00 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center and continue their Opening Weekend celebration the following day, Saturday, Feb. 6, with a rematch against the Monsters at 1:00 p.m. The IceHogs have opened their season against the Monsters in four of the last five campaigns (2020-21, 2016-19).
The health and safety of our fans, players, and staff is our top priority, and after careful consideration in collaboration with the city of Rockford and the Winnebago County Health Department, the IceHogs will not be hosting fans at BMO Harris Bank Center for the beginning of the 2020-21 season. We will continue working with the league, city, and state officials to evaluate conditions to determine if there is a timeline that would allow for fans later this season. IceHogs season ticket holders have been contacted with further details and fans can view a full list of 2020-21 season FAQ's here for additional information.
Watch and Listen to the IceHogs All Season:
Fans can watch all of this season's action LIVE on AHLTV and 23.2 Antenna TV WIFR (home games)! Tune in to every broadcast for free on SportsFanRadio 1330 AM, Sportsfanradio1330.com, IceHogs.com, and the IceHogs app!
Every active full IceHogs Season Ticket Holder and 20-Game holder who have paid for their tickets in full or who have a deposit down on their tickets for 2020-21 will receive FREE access to every IceHogs game through AHLTV on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO Harris Bank!
Want to upgrade to a Full Season or 20-Game plan? Contact us at (815) 968-5222 or email us at email@example.com!
IceHogs and Wolves Collide in Preseason Tune-Up:
The IceHogs will pay a visit to the Chicago Wolves on Wednesday, Jan. 27 at 2:00 p.m. at Triphahn Community Center Ice Arena in Hoffman Estates, Ill. for their lone preseason contest. Fans and listen live on SportsFanRadio 1330 AM, Sportsfanradio1330.com, IceHogs.com, and the IceHogs app. The game will not be broadcasted on AHL TV or 23.2 Antenna TV WIFR.
Short and Sweet:
The Rockford IceHogs compete in a 30-game regular season featuring long-time foes in the Chicago Wolves, Grand Rapids Griffins, Iowa Wild and Cleveland Monsters. The season is spread out between Feb. 5-May 15 with only six back-to-back scenarios. The IceHogs will battle the Wild ten times, the Wolves and Griffins eight times each and the Monsters four times.
Set Your Watch:
The IceHogs will play weekday and Saturday home games at BMO Harris Bank Center at 6:00 p.m. and Sunday contests at 4:00 p.m. The lone exception comes on Saturday, Feb. 6 at 1:00 p.m. against Cleveland.
Monsters Return to the Central Division:
As announced by the American Hockey League and the IceHogs on Jan. 4, the Central Division will have a temporary re-alignment for the 2020-21 season with the Cleveland Monsters returning to the division for the first time since the 2017-18 campaign. The IceHogs will not see the Texas Stars this year and the Milwaukee Admirals opted out of the 2020-21 season and will return for the 2021-22 campaign.
Illinois Rivalry Fires Back Up:
Celebrating their 14th season as bitter in-state rivals, the IceHogs and Chicago Wolves collide for eight total contests during the 2020-21 campaign. Last season, the Hogs raced out to a 5-0-0 record against their rivals, the longest winning streak and best start ever against Chicago in team history, before finishing with a 6-2-1-0 record.
February: 6 games - 3 home, 3 road
March: 10 games - 7 home, 3 road
April: 9 games - 2 home, 7 road
May: 5 games - 3 home, 2 road
Chicago: 8 - 4 home, 4 road
Cleveland: 4 - 2 home, 2 road
Grand Rapids: 8 - 4 home, 4 road
Iowa: 10 - 5 home, 5 road
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2021
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Max Jones from San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Q and A with New Coach Steve Potvin - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bears Announce Roster for 2021 Training Camp - Hershey Bears
- Noah Segall Named Video Coordinator - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Eagles Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Name Steve Potvin as Roadrunners Head Coach - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hockey Is Back in the Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Release AHL Regular Season Schedule - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Announce 34-Game Regular-Season Schedule - Binghamton Devils
- Hershey Bears Announce Schedule for 2020-21 Season - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Announce Schedule, 2021-22 Season Ticket Memberships - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Reveal Complete 2020-21 Season Schedule - Texas Stars
- Griffins Release 2020-21 Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Rochester Americans
- Condors Announce 2020-21 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Comets Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Utica Comets
- IceHogs Reveal 2020-21 Preseason and Regular Season Schedule - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Wild Announces Full 2020-2021 Schedule - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Gulls 2020-21 Schedule Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda 2020-21 Regular Season Game and Broadcast Schedule Announced - San Jose Barracuda
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Reign Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule - Ontario Reign
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule Presented by SeatGeek - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Unveil 2020-21 Schedule - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule - AHL
- Roadrunners Home Opener Slated for February 18 - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Jose Gets Best of Gulls in Preseason Meeting - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- All-Time Scorer Brandon Pirri and Two-Time IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Lucas Carlsson Assigned to Rockford
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Open Four-Game Homestand Tonight vs. Griffins
- Hogs Weekly: IceHogs Prepare for Four-Game Homestand Starting this Week at the BMO
- Today's Game at Cleveland Postponed
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs and Monsters Close Four-Game Season Series Today in Cleveland