Barracuda 2020-21 Regular Season Game and Broadcast Schedule Announced
San Jose, Ca - The American Hockey League (@TheAHL) and the San Jose Barracuda (@SJBarracuda), proud AHL affiliate of the San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks), today announced the team's complete 2020-21 regular-season schedule.
San Jose is scheduled to open the 2020-21 season with three home games against the Tucson Roadrunners on Fri., Feb. 5, Sat., Feb 6, and Mon., Feb. 8. Due to the uncertainty of the team being able to play in Santa Clara County, those three games will be played in Tucson with San Jose serving as the home team.
Following the three games against the Roadrunners, the Barracuda will embark on a season-long, seven-game road trip beginning with three-straight games against the Texas Stars starting Fri., Feb. 12. That road trip will include three games against the Stars, three games against the Roadrunners in Tucson and one against the Stockton Heat.
The Barracuda are scheduled to play its first game in San Jose on Sat., Jan. 27 against the Ontario Reign. Due to potential conflicts with the San Jose Sharks home game schedule, a select number of home games are slated to be played at Solar4America Ice at San Jose. In total, the Barracuda will play 20 home games this season with three being held at the Tucson Convention Center in Tucson, Arizona, six at Solar4America Ice at San Jose, and 11 at the SAP Center at San Jose. All home games are subject to change, pending local restrictions and approval from Santa Clara County.
The Barracuda's longest homestand in San Jose this season is three games, which will occur five different times throughout the year.
Aside from the six games against the Stars, the Barracuda will play strictly within the AHL's Pacific Division which is comprised of a league-high eight teams (San Jose Barracuda/San Jose Sharks, Bakersfield Condors/Edmonton Oilers, Colorado Eagles/Colorado Avalanche, Henderson Silver Knights/Vegas Golden Knights, Ontario Reign/Los Angeles Kings, San Diego Gulls/Anaheim Ducks, Stockton Heat/Calgary Flames, Tucson Roadrunners/Arizona Coyotes).
The Reign (El Segundo) and Gulls (Irvine) are two of five teams in the AHL this season to have been granted provisional relocations to assist with logistical challenges presented by COVID-19.
2020-21 SAN JOSE BARRACUDA BROADCAST SCHEDULE:
All 2020-21 regular season and postseason games can be heard exclusively on the Barracuda platform on the Sharks+SAP Center App, at SJBarracuda.com/listen and you can watch the games live on AHL TV.
On the 18 occasions when the Sharks and Barracuda game broadcasts don't overlap, the Barracuda game broadcast will be available on the Sharks Audio Network, the Sharks 24-hour, seven days a week streaming network on the Sharks+SAP Center App and at SJSharks.com/listen.
The Barracuda pre-game show begins 30 minutes prior to puckdrop.
Nick Nollenberger (@NickNollen) returns for his fifth season as the voice of the San Jose Barracuda.
Barracuda Season Ticket Members should expect to receive communication next week regarding the details to the upcoming season. Should you have any immediate questions about your account, please contact your Account Representative.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2021
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Max Jones from San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Q and A with New Coach Steve Potvin - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bears Announce Roster for 2021 Training Camp - Hershey Bears
- Noah Segall Named Video Coordinator - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Eagles Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Name Steve Potvin as Roadrunners Head Coach - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hockey Is Back in the Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Release AHL Regular Season Schedule - Tucson Roadrunners
- Devils Announce 34-Game Regular-Season Schedule - Binghamton Devils
- Hershey Bears Announce Schedule for 2020-21 Season - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Announce Schedule, 2021-22 Season Ticket Memberships - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Reveal Complete 2020-21 Season Schedule - Texas Stars
- Griffins Release 2020-21 Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Rochester Americans
- Condors Announce 2020-21 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Comets Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Utica Comets
- IceHogs Reveal 2020-21 Preseason and Regular Season Schedule - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Wild Announces Full 2020-2021 Schedule - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Gulls 2020-21 Schedule Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda 2020-21 Regular Season Game and Broadcast Schedule Announced - San Jose Barracuda
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Reign Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule - Ontario Reign
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule Presented by SeatGeek - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Unveil 2020-21 Schedule - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule - AHL
- Roadrunners Home Opener Slated for February 18 - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Jose Gets Best of Gulls in Preseason Meeting - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.