Impact Acquires Emanuel Maciel from San Lorenzo
MONTREAL - As part of a strategic cooperative relationship between the Montreal Impact and Argentine club San Lorenzo, the Impact announced on Tuesday the acquisition of 22-year-old midfielder Emanuel Maciel via free transfer. This acquisition will be confirmed upon receiving his international transfer certificate and his work visa.
"We are happy to welcome with us Emanuel, a promising young player," said Montreal Impact sporting director, Olivier Renard. "We hope to have forged a relationship with San Lorenzo that could lead to more players from that club following Nacho Piatti's footsteps and making the jump to Major League Soccer with our club, starting with Emanuel Maciel."
Maciel, 22, played one game in the Superliga with San Lorenzo, playing all 90 minutes in the season opener against Godoy Cruz on July 27. He previously played with San Lorenzo's U20 team.
Transaction: The Montreal Impact acquired 22-year-old midfielder Emanuel Maciel via free transfer from San Lorenzo.
Date of birth: March 28, 1997, José C. Paz, Argentine
Last club: San Lorenzo (Argentina)
Acquired on: February 11, 2020
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2020
- Real Salt Lake Signs Forward Justin Meram - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Loans Callum Montgomery to San Antonio FC - FC Dallas
- Impact Acquires Emanuel Maciel from San Lorenzo - Club de Foot Montreal
- Sounders FC Roster Update from Preseason Camp in Mexico City - Seattle Sounders FC
- First-Ever Training Sessions at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
- Training Camp Report: MLS Veterans Set the Standard as Nashville SC Continues to Build in Preseason - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy and YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles Kick off Landmark New Partnership - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program for Season Ticket Members Who Join Before February 29 - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer Launches "Our Soccer" Campaign for Historic 25th Season in 2020 - MLS
- Sounders FC 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now Available - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Acquire $150,000 in General Allocation Money from Montreal Impact - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Acquires up to $1.25 Million in Allocation Money from Nashville SC in Exchange for Walker Zimmerman - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC Acquires U.S. International and 2019 MLS Best XI Defender Walker Zimmerman in Record Breaking Deal - Nashville SC
- Bacon and Beer Classic Returns to Earthquakes Stadium on April 4 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires International Roster Spot for 2020 Season - Club de Foot Montreal
- Dynamo Legend Ricardo Clark to Sign One-Day Contract with Club Wednesday - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls Announce Roster for Second Preseason Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Tickets on Sale Now for Dynamo vs Cruz Azul Match March 27 - Houston Dynamo
- MNUFC Acquire Midfielder Raheem Edwards in Trade with Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Defender Wyatt Omsberg from Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.