First-Ever Training Sessions at Inter Miami CF Training Complex
It was a sunny and windy Monday morning in Fort Lauderdale as the Club's players enjoyed their first-ever training session at the Inter Miami CF Training Complex as part of the fourth week of preseason. The state-of-the-art 50,000-square-foot training complex, which will be the permanent training facility for all of Inter Miami's teams, includes seven professional soccer fields, a full kitchen and cafeteria, lounge and classroom, weight room and performance lab, hydrotherapy and treatment rooms, as well as a tactics rooms and boot rooms.
Prior to the start of Monday's training session, midfielder Wil Trapp expressed his delight at watching the state-of-the-art facility come to fruition.
"I don't know many other superlatives that have been used other than amazing and incredible. This training complex is setting the standard for this league and what can be done and what will be done in the future," said Trapp.
Center back / midfielder Christian Makoun and forward Jerome Kiesewetter also shared their first impressions of the Club's new complex which will be their permanent home for training sessions.
"It's exciting because as I've been telling my teammates, it's important to have a place that will be your home, where you will be at every day, where you will train every day, where we will spend time together and that it is of top quality," stated Makoun. "I believe that's what the Club has given us here and we're very happy to have this beautiful complex."
"It's a great home for us, it's a great facility. Everything is brand new, it's huge, it's unbelievable. We can work under great conditions here, some of the best conditions I've ever seen in my career. Now is up to us to deliver," said Kiesewetter
Meanwhile, Head Coach Diego Alonso, central defender NicolÃ¡s Figal and Trapp had words of praise for the franchises' project, and, in general, the Club's ambition heading into its inaugural Major League Soccer (MLS) season.
"It's fantastic for us to see the growth of this club. For the players, for the staff, to see this construction and to feel like a part of this fantastic club is great. We're happy that this is moving forward," the Uruguayan coach declared.
"Honestly I'm very excited to be a part of this project," said Figal. "One of the main reasons that I came here is to be part of this great organization, a club that shows a lot of promise for the future. I'm really motivated."
"For us as players, it's exciting to be a part of something that's building and new and being in that together. We're building a culture from square one and that's incredible to be a part of. It's fresh, it's exciting and you know that not only the coach, but the players and the ownership, everyone is bought into moving this forward in a successful way," Trapp added.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2020
- Real Salt Lake Signs Forward Justin Meram - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Loans Callum Montgomery to San Antonio FC - FC Dallas
- Impact Acquires Emanuel Maciel from San Lorenzo - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Roster Update from Preseason Camp in Mexico City - Seattle Sounders FC
- First-Ever Training Sessions at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
- Training Camp Report: MLS Veterans Set the Standard as Nashville SC Continues to Build in Preseason - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy and YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles Kick off Landmark New Partnership - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program for Season Ticket Members Who Join Before February 29 - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer Launches "Our Soccer" Campaign for Historic 25th Season in 2020 - MLS
- Sounders FC 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now Available - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Acquire $150,000 in General Allocation Money from Montreal Impact - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Acquires up to $1.25 Million in Allocation Money from Nashville SC in Exchange for Walker Zimmerman - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC Acquires U.S. International and 2019 MLS Best XI Defender Walker Zimmerman in Record Breaking Deal - Nashville SC
- Bacon and Beer Classic Returns to Earthquakes Stadium on April 4 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires International Roster Spot for 2020 Season - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo Legend Ricardo Clark to Sign One-Day Contract with Club Wednesday - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls Announce Roster for Second Preseason Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Tickets on Sale Now for Dynamo vs Cruz Azul Match March 27 - Houston Dynamo
- MNUFC Acquire Midfielder Raheem Edwards in Trade with Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Defender Wyatt Omsberg from Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Inter Miami CF Announces Roster Decisions Following Inaugural Season
- Inter Miami CF Stadium to Host U.S. Men's National Team vs. El Salvador on December 9
- Kicking off Year Two with Inter Miami CF Academy Presented by Baptist Health
- Alonso and DeLaGarza Thank Fans for Support Throughout Inaugural Season
- Inter Miami CF Closes Inaugural Season with Road Playoff Loss