LA Galaxy and YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles Kick off Landmark New Partnership
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy and YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles (Y LA), two Los Angeles landmark organizations, have begun a partnership with a special focus on impacting the lives of youth throughout Los Angeles. The new partnership was celebrated with a youth soccer clinic at Lugo Park in Cudahy, California, last week.
In attendance at the kickoff event were LA Galaxy President Chris Klein, LA Galaxy players Daniel Steres and Ethan Zubak, Y LA President and CEO Alan Hostrup, Mayor of Cudahy Elizabeth Alcantar and local youth to participate in the clinic.
"We are thrilled to partner with Y LA to continue our commitment to investing in the lives of youth throughout Los Angeles," said LA Galaxy President Chris Klein. "They are an iconic organization known for their unparalleled service to youth in their respective communities and we look forward to collaborating alongside our new partners to discover exciting ways we can create unique opportunities in our community."
The partnership is highlighted by opportunities provided to youth served by Y LA, including special Y access to Dignity Health Sports Park for Galaxy games and special funding by the club to support youth soccer at select LA Y branches.
"The Los Angeles Galaxy is a beloved franchise in Los Angeles with a deep and enduring legacy of assisting the community," said YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles President and CEO Alan Hostrup. "This new and exciting partnership will allow us to advance our strategic goal to provide every child and teen in Los Angeles with a youth sports experience and we can't wait to begin working with the LA Galaxy."
Specifically, the LA Galaxy will participate in an LA Galaxy Volunteer Day at Y LA each year, host a YMCA Night during an LA Galaxy match at Dignity Health Sports Park, provide full soccer kits for LA Y youth soccer programs and host various YMCA soccer team events at the stadium throughout the year.
Additionally, YMCA coaches can receive certification through the four-part LA Galaxy Community Coaching Education Program.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2020
- Real Salt Lake Signs Forward Justin Meram - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Loans Callum Montgomery to San Antonio FC - FC Dallas
- Impact Acquires Emanuel Maciel from San Lorenzo - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Roster Update from Preseason Camp in Mexico City - Seattle Sounders FC
- First-Ever Training Sessions at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
- Training Camp Report: MLS Veterans Set the Standard as Nashville SC Continues to Build in Preseason - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy and YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles Kick off Landmark New Partnership - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program for Season Ticket Members Who Join Before February 29 - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer Launches "Our Soccer" Campaign for Historic 25th Season in 2020 - MLS
- Sounders FC 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now Available - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Acquire $150,000 in General Allocation Money from Montreal Impact - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Acquires up to $1.25 Million in Allocation Money from Nashville SC in Exchange for Walker Zimmerman - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC Acquires U.S. International and 2019 MLS Best XI Defender Walker Zimmerman in Record Breaking Deal - Nashville SC
- Bacon and Beer Classic Returns to Earthquakes Stadium on April 4 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires International Roster Spot for 2020 Season - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo Legend Ricardo Clark to Sign One-Day Contract with Club Wednesday - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls Announce Roster for Second Preseason Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Tickets on Sale Now for Dynamo vs Cruz Azul Match March 27 - Houston Dynamo
- MNUFC Acquire Midfielder Raheem Edwards in Trade with Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Defender Wyatt Omsberg from Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Launch TOGETHER AT HOME Campaign
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Watch Party Schedule, Presented by Modelo
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 1 - Saturday, March 7, 2020
- Grass Berm at Dignity Health Sports Park Returns for Saturday's LA Galaxy Home Opener