Training Camp Report: MLS Veterans Set the Standard as Nashville SC Continues to Build in Preseason
TAMPA, Fla. - With preseason halfway done, Nashville SC continues to put the building blocks in place.
After taking down USL Championship side Louisville City FC 4-1 on Sunday evening, the Boys in Gold got back to training on Monday to continue to build on the successful outing. Up next, the club will host its next preseason scrimmage this Wednesday evening against Montreal Impact.
Here are some of the news and notes from the training ground.
Chemistry Working - A heavy point of emphasis in the last two preseason matches has been building chemistry among the group of midfielders and forwards with a focus on attacking creativity and link play. Forward David Accam is excited to see how this group of attackers will continue to grow and develop.
"I think we have really smart and good players, especially at forward," Accam said. "We keep training, we keep trying to know each other's strengths and try to play to our advantage."
Attacking midfielder Randall Leal has found himself on the scoresheet in the two matches he's played with Nashville SC this preseason. The Costa Rican international was called up for this January camp and therefore missed out on the club's first preseason scrimmage.
"I think he's one of the most talented players I've seen in the league," Accam said. "For us, we're happy to have him on the team and we're trying to take advantage of his talent and try to play around him."
Standards Set - Nashville SC's roster features a mixture of MLS veterans like Accam and Jimmy Medranda, as well as youngsters new to the league such as Leal and Miguel Nazarit. Some of the veterans have tried to bring some of the newcomers under their wing, set the expectations and show them the ropes of North America's top-flight league.
"We are here to help everybody be in the same place," Medranda said. "We want to win the games, so whatever we have to do on the field, we are hoping to teach the young guys and give them the confidence to do what they do."
The Grind For Feb. 29 Continues - With three preseason matches in the books, Nashville SC continues its preparations for its inaugural MLS season. While the excitement for the club's MLS debut on Feb. 29 is palpable, Accam wants to make sure the players don't get too far ahead of themselves when it comes to the preparation.
"We're trying to focus on getting much better and getting much fitter before Feb. 29," Accam said. "We're not trying to look too far ahead of ourselves. We're just trying to get ready and be ready for the match against Atlanta."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2020
- Real Salt Lake Signs Forward Justin Meram - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Loans Callum Montgomery to San Antonio FC - FC Dallas
- Impact Acquires Emanuel Maciel from San Lorenzo - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Roster Update from Preseason Camp in Mexico City - Seattle Sounders FC
- First-Ever Training Sessions at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
- Training Camp Report: MLS Veterans Set the Standard as Nashville SC Continues to Build in Preseason - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy and YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles Kick off Landmark New Partnership - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program for Season Ticket Members Who Join Before February 29 - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer Launches "Our Soccer" Campaign for Historic 25th Season in 2020 - MLS
- Sounders FC 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now Available - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Acquire $150,000 in General Allocation Money from Montreal Impact - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Acquires up to $1.25 Million in Allocation Money from Nashville SC in Exchange for Walker Zimmerman - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC Acquires U.S. International and 2019 MLS Best XI Defender Walker Zimmerman in Record Breaking Deal - Nashville SC
- Bacon and Beer Classic Returns to Earthquakes Stadium on April 4 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires International Roster Spot for 2020 Season - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo Legend Ricardo Clark to Sign One-Day Contract with Club Wednesday - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls Announce Roster for Second Preseason Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Tickets on Sale Now for Dynamo vs Cruz Azul Match March 27 - Houston Dynamo
- MNUFC Acquire Midfielder Raheem Edwards in Trade with Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Defender Wyatt Omsberg from Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Advances to the Eastern Conference Semifinals in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with Goal from Daniel RÃÂos
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces Toronto FC in Eastern Conference Quarterfinal
- Nashville SC Shows Its Attacking Quality in 3-0 Playoff Win over Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Advances to Round 1 of the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with 3-0 Victory over Inter Miami CF
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Inter Miami CF in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs