Impact Acquires International Roster Spot for 2020 Season
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact announced on Tuesday that the club has acquired an international roster spot from the Portland Timbers for the 2020 season, in exchange for $150,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money.
The Impact will play its first official game on February 19, when it will take on Deportivo Saprissa in the first leg of the round of 16 of the Concacaf Champions League, at Estadio Ricardo Saprissa, in San José, Costa Rica, at 8pm (RDS, TSN).
The second leg will be played the following week, on Wednesday, February 26, at 8pm, at Olympic Stadium, a few days before its MLS season opener on Saturday, February 29, at 3pm, against the New England Revolution, also at Olympic Stadium. For all information regarding ticketing, visit www.impactmontreal.com.
Transaction: The Montreal Impact acquired an international roster spot from the Portland Timbers for the 2020 season in exchange for $150,000 in 2020 GAM.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2020
- Real Salt Lake Signs Forward Justin Meram - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Loans Callum Montgomery to San Antonio FC - FC Dallas
- Impact Acquires Emanuel Maciel from San Lorenzo - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Roster Update from Preseason Camp in Mexico City - Seattle Sounders FC
- First-Ever Training Sessions at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
- Training Camp Report: MLS Veterans Set the Standard as Nashville SC Continues to Build in Preseason - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy and YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles Kick off Landmark New Partnership - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program for Season Ticket Members Who Join Before February 29 - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer Launches "Our Soccer" Campaign for Historic 25th Season in 2020 - MLS
- Sounders FC 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now Available - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Acquire $150,000 in General Allocation Money from Montreal Impact - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Acquires up to $1.25 Million in Allocation Money from Nashville SC in Exchange for Walker Zimmerman - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC Acquires U.S. International and 2019 MLS Best XI Defender Walker Zimmerman in Record Breaking Deal - Nashville SC
- Bacon and Beer Classic Returns to Earthquakes Stadium on April 4 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires International Roster Spot for 2020 Season - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo Legend Ricardo Clark to Sign One-Day Contract with Club Wednesday - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls Announce Roster for Second Preseason Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Tickets on Sale Now for Dynamo vs Cruz Azul Match March 27 - Houston Dynamo
- MNUFC Acquire Midfielder Raheem Edwards in Trade with Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Defender Wyatt Omsberg from Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Montreal Impact Foundation Teams up with Conquer COVID-19 and Donnez La Protection to Get PPE to Healthcare Workers
- Players Will Have Access to Centre Nutrilait for Individual Training
- Midfielder Steeven Saba Suffers Broken Left Foot
- First Confirmed Case of Covid-19 in Club Entourage
- Montreal Impact Statement