Major League Soccer Launches "Our Soccer" Campaign for Historic 25th Season in 2020
February 11, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
New York, N.Y. - Celebrating 25 seasons of progress, diversity, and driving a distinct culture for soccer in North America, Major League Soccer today unveiled its "Our Soccer" campaign for the landmark 2020 season. This year's campaign champions the game, players and rituals through the eyes of its fans.
"Our Soccer" will kick off in 2020 with "25 Years Deep", a national spot portraying the evolution of MLS through its past icons, future stars, and inclusive community and unique culture. Highlighting the league's progression since 1996, the spot celebrates the moves, the teams, the stars and the special moments that have created the League we know today.
"Our Soccer' brings to life our special version of the global game, distinctly North American, the unique culture that continues to evolve as MLS begins our historic 25th season," said David Bruce, MLS SVP of Brand and Integrated Marketing. "The spot celebrates the League's past, while showcasing some of the League's newest stars - like Mexican superstar Chicharito - and the best time to become a fan of the North American version of the global game is right now. We are a League defined by the unique supporter culture and movement that highlights MLS as the League of today and tomorrow."
Featuring a montage of footage of MLS moments on and off the field, "25 Years Deep" celebrates the diverse fans and superstars that make MLS the League for the New North America. Highlighted in this year's spot is Swae Lee, musical artist and LA Galaxy fan.
"At a Major League Soccer game, you can really feel the energy and excitement in the stands," said Lee. "Last season, the LA Galaxy played 'Unforgettable' when I was there repping the team. Fans got up and started dancing. It was a special moment and I'm excited to be out there again for their 25th season."
The "Our Soccer" campaign will also commemorate the league's 25th season by embracing '90s culture and aesthetic. Bringing elements of the decade to present day via visual design, photography, and fashion, the campaign reflects the evolution of MLS while paying homage to its roots and early years.
Reflecting MLS' multicultural fan base, the broadcast spots have been produced in English, Spanish, and French-Canadian. The campaign will run on MLS partner networks including ESPN, FOX Sports, Univision, TSN and TVA Sports, on regional sports networks and across international broadcast partner platforms, as well as on the league's own digital channels.
The "Our Soccer" brand campaign debuted in 2018 with a spot featuring Atlanta-based rapper and Atlanta United fan 2 Chainz and a second spot during the 2018 FIFA World Cup featuring singer, songwriter, producer, and LA Galaxy fan Miguel . Last year's highly-successful campaign was fronted by the multi-platinum Latin music superstar Prince Royce and Grammy-nominated DJ and producer TOKiMONSTA.
The campaign has been produced by THE FADER and Cornerstone, MLS' creative agency of record.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2020
- Real Salt Lake Signs Forward Justin Meram - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Loans Callum Montgomery to San Antonio FC - FC Dallas
- Impact Acquires Emanuel Maciel from San Lorenzo - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Roster Update from Preseason Camp in Mexico City - Seattle Sounders FC
- First-Ever Training Sessions at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
- Training Camp Report: MLS Veterans Set the Standard as Nashville SC Continues to Build in Preseason - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy and YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles Kick off Landmark New Partnership - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program for Season Ticket Members Who Join Before February 29 - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer Launches "Our Soccer" Campaign for Historic 25th Season in 2020 - MLS
- Sounders FC 2020 Single-Match Tickets Now Available - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Acquire $150,000 in General Allocation Money from Montreal Impact - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Acquires up to $1.25 Million in Allocation Money from Nashville SC in Exchange for Walker Zimmerman - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC Acquires U.S. International and 2019 MLS Best XI Defender Walker Zimmerman in Record Breaking Deal - Nashville SC
- Bacon and Beer Classic Returns to Earthquakes Stadium on April 4 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires International Roster Spot for 2020 Season - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo Legend Ricardo Clark to Sign One-Day Contract with Club Wednesday - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls Announce Roster for Second Preseason Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Tickets on Sale Now for Dynamo vs Cruz Azul Match March 27 - Houston Dynamo
- MNUFC Acquire Midfielder Raheem Edwards in Trade with Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Defender Wyatt Omsberg from Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Announces Founding MLS Member Program - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.