Hudson Cruises 5-2 over Chihuahuas
Memphis starter Dakota Hudson picked up his Pacific Coast League-leading ninth win of the season in the Redbirds' 5-2 victory over the El Paso Chihuahuas Monday night at Southwest University Park. The Redbirds have won two games in a row after El Paso's 13-1 win in the first game of the series.
The Chihuahuas piled up 10 hits and seven walks against Memphis pitching but stranded 15 runners on base. El Paso's first run came on a third-inning RBI single by San Diego Padres rehabbing outfielder Wil Myers. Myers and his Padres teammate Austin Hedges had two hits each Monday. The Chihuahuas' second run came when Luis Urias walked in a nine-pitch at-bat with the bases loaded in the eighth.
Walker Lockett matched his season high with seven innings pitched in the start for El Paso and didn't allow any earned runs. Lockett and relievers Kyle McGrath and Robert Stock combined to retire the final 14 Redbirds batters Monday.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/redbirds-vs-chihuahuas/2018/06/18/542608#game_state=live,game_tab=,gameT2608
Team Records: Memphis (43-28), El Paso (34-37)
Next Game: Tuesday, 7:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Memphis RHP Kevin Herget (3-5, 3.86) vs. El Paso RHP Brett Kennedy (3-0, 3.00). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
Memphis 5 El Paso 2 - Monday
WP: Hudson (9-2)
LP: Lockett (2-6)
S: Mujica (6)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 19, 2018
- Rainiers Rally To Complete Sweep Of I-Cubs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Dykxhoorn dazzles as Grizzlies complete four-game sweep in Round Rock, win fifth straight - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Say Goodbye to Redbirds with a Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Express Drop Series Finale 5-3 against Grizzles - Round Rock Express
- Robbie Ray Shines on Tuesday Afternoon - Reno Aces
- Patterson's Walk-Off Home Run Sends Isotopes Series Sweep - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chasers Take Series in Reno with 9-2 Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Swept in Albuquerque - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats lose wild one in New Orleans as club heads home - Sacramento River Cats
- Wild Ending Finishes Baby Cakes' Sweep of Sacramento - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Dodgers Fall, 3-2, in Extra Innings to the 51s - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Clayton Kershaw Expected to Pitch at Werner Park on Saturday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 51s Host Intrastate Rival, Reno Aces from June 21-24 - Las Vegas 51s
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (43-28) at El Paso Chihuahuas (34-37) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sky Sox Walk off After Big Bees Comeback Again - Salt Lake Bees
- Honky Tonks Begin Four-Game Homestand Thursday - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-36) at Albuquerque Isotopes (35-35) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 19, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Hot Bats Chased Away in 6-4 Loss - Reno Aces
- Chasers Trump Aces with Pair of Threes, 6-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sky Sox Win with Dramatic Walkoff for Second Day in a Row - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Hudson Cruises 5-2 over Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Sky Sox Walk off After Big Bees Comeback - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds' Five First-Inning Runs Enough for Hudson - Memphis Redbirds
- Grizzlies match longest road win streak of season with 9-3 Round Rock romp - Fresno Grizzlies
- Mejias-Brean Powers Tacoma To Fourth-Straight Victory - Tacoma Rainiers
- Iowa Continues to Falter in Tacoma - Iowa Cubs
- Las Vegas Rides Early Lead to 10-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.