Chihuahuas Say Goodbye to Redbirds with a Win
The El Paso Chihuahuas beat the Memphis Redbirds 7-4 Tuesday night in the final meeting between the two teams this season. El Paso and Memphis split the four-game series.
Trailing 2-1 in the bottom of the fifth, Shane Peterson hit a pinch-hit, two-run home run. It was the fourth pinch-hit homer by the Chihuahuas this season and the second by Peterson. The Chihuahuas pulled ahead with an eight-batter, four-run eighth inning, which had doubles by rehabbing San Diego Padres Wil Myers and Austin Hedges. The rally also included an RBI single by Brett Nicholas and a two-run home run by Diego Goris.
Auston Bousfield reached base four times for the Chihuahuas, hitting a double and walking three times. Brett Kennedy didn't allow any earned runs in his five-inning start for El Paso. When Memphis plated two runs in the eighth, it ended a stretch of 17 consecutive innings without an earned run allowed by the Chihuahuas' pitching staff. Neither team had any runs or hits until the fourth inning Tuesday.
The Chihuahuas do not play on Wednesday.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/redbirds-vs-chihuahuas/2018/06/19/542609#game_state=live,game_tab=,gameT2609
Team Records: Memphis (43-29), El Paso (35-37)
Next Game: Thursday, 8:05 pm at Raley Field. El Paso LHP Dillon Overton (3-2, 2.96) vs. Sacramento RHP Jeff Samardzija (MLB Rehab). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
El Paso 7 Memphis 4 - Tuesday
WP: Kennedy (4-0)
LP: Herget (3-6)
S: Stock (6)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 19, 2018
- Rainiers Rally To Complete Sweep Of I-Cubs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Dykxhoorn dazzles as Grizzlies complete four-game sweep in Round Rock, win fifth straight - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Say Goodbye to Redbirds with a Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Express Drop Series Finale 5-3 against Grizzles - Round Rock Express
- Robbie Ray Shines on Tuesday Afternoon - Reno Aces
- Patterson's Walk-Off Home Run Sends Isotopes Series Sweep - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chasers Take Series in Reno with 9-2 Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Swept in Albuquerque - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats lose wild one in New Orleans as club heads home - Sacramento River Cats
- Wild Ending Finishes Baby Cakes' Sweep of Sacramento - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Dodgers Fall, 3-2, in Extra Innings to the 51s - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Clayton Kershaw Expected to Pitch at Werner Park on Saturday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 51s Host Intrastate Rival, Reno Aces from June 21-24 - Las Vegas 51s
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (43-28) at El Paso Chihuahuas (34-37) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sky Sox Walk off After Big Bees Comeback Again - Salt Lake Bees
- Honky Tonks Begin Four-Game Homestand Thursday - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-36) at Albuquerque Isotopes (35-35) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 19, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Hot Bats Chased Away in 6-4 Loss - Reno Aces
- Chasers Trump Aces with Pair of Threes, 6-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sky Sox Win with Dramatic Walkoff for Second Day in a Row - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Hudson Cruises 5-2 over Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Sky Sox Walk off After Big Bees Comeback - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds' Five First-Inning Runs Enough for Hudson - Memphis Redbirds
- Grizzlies match longest road win streak of season with 9-3 Round Rock romp - Fresno Grizzlies
- Mejias-Brean Powers Tacoma To Fourth-Straight Victory - Tacoma Rainiers
- Iowa Continues to Falter in Tacoma - Iowa Cubs
- Las Vegas Rides Early Lead to 10-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.