Hoover deals six innings of one-run ball, Grizzlies beat Aces 3-2
Reno, Nevada - The Fresno Grizzlies (51-49) pushed their winning streak to three games after defeating the Reno Aces (42-58) 3-2 from Greater Nevada Field. Fresno righty J.J. Hoover (4-3, win) helped the cause with six innings of one-run ball. Hoover fanned seven as he tied his season-high in innings pitched.
Brandon Snyder provided two of the nine Grizzly hits. His RBI double in the eighth inning ended up as the go-ahead run. Fresno tallied their other runs in the third thanks to Carter Kieboom and Yadiel Hernandez. Andrew Stevenson extended his hit streak to 12 games, a season-long for him. The streak is also a club-high.
Domingo Leyba and Juniel Querecuto notched three hits apiece for Reno. Travis Snider and Carlos Asuaje were the recipients of the Aces RBI. Matt Koch (2-7) suffered the decision after six-plus frames of work while Dakota Bacus mustered his eighth save. Both squads did not record a homer in the game.
Top Performers: Fresno Grizzlies (Washington Nationals)
- RHP J.J. Hoover (6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 7 K)
- 3B Brandon Snyder (2-4, 2 2B, RBI)
- 2B Carter Kieboom (1-4, 2B, RBI, R)
Top Performers: Reno Aces (Arizona Diamondbacks)
- 3B Juniel Querecuto (3-4, 2B, R, SB)
- SS Domingo Leyba (3-5)
- 2B Carlos Asuaje (1-2, RBI)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) RADIO/TV
Sunday July 21 Reno Aces (Away) RHP Scott Copeland (Fresno) vs. RHP Ben Lively (Reno) 1:05 p.m.
KRDU 1130 AM / MiLB.TV
ON THAT FRES-NOTE: Fresno will look for a series sweep tomorrow afternoon in Reno. Through 24 series, the Grizzlies have not swept a series or been swept in a series of any length this season. They narrowly avoided a sweep Thursday at Albuquerque while equaling their largest comeback victory of 2019, a 10-9 win after trailing 8-2 before a seven-run sixth inning. Fresno did lose seven straight from April 25 to May 1 without being swept, by winning the opener of five at Reno (April 24), without winning again until the finale of four at home vs. El Paso (May 2).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 21, 2019
- Albuquerque Holds off El Paso Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ruiz Makes His Mark in Triple-A Debut - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OK City Completes Sweep of Flying Chanclas - San Antonio Missions
- Dukes Defeat El Paso on Retro Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Iowa Takes Series Finale at Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Hitters Struggle for Nashville in Series Finale Loss - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats complete sweep of Rainiers with 6-5 win - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Swept by Sacramento in Sunday Homestand Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno Swept by Fresno, Lose Game Three, 11-4 - Reno Aces
- Fresno Sweeps Reno Behind Brandon Snyder's Huge Afternoon - Fresno Grizzlies
- Garcia Powers Redbirds to 13-2 Victory over Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Rojas Doubles Down against Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (42-57) vs. Iowa Cubs (55-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock at New Orleans Series Finale Postponed - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio at Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes vs. Fresno - Reno Aces
- Brief Three-Game Homestand Begins for Missions Tuesday - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Host First-Place El Paso from July 23-25 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (40-60) at Omaha Storm Chasers (46-54) - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Plate Five in 11th to Top Albuquerque - El Paso Chihuahuas
- The One That Got Away - Reno Aces
- Hoover deals six innings of one-run ball, Grizzlies beat Aces 3-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Fresno Grizzlies Season Update
- Fresno Grizzlies Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Fowler Packing (Peelz), Save Mart, ABC 30, Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, and Grizzlies Join Forces to Surprise Senior Shoppers with Free Groceries
- Grizzlies Unveil 2020 Daily Specials
- Chukchansi Park Job Fair Set for Saturday, March 7th