Rojas Doubles Down against Vegas
The Salt Lake Bees beat the Las Vegas Aviators 8-1 on Sunday afternoon.
After the Aviators plated one run off solo home run in the first, Justin Bour put the Bees ahead in the bottom of the inning with a two-run homer and never looked back.
Salt Lake tacked on three more runs in the second frame off two groundouts and a RBI-double by Jose Rojas to go up 5-1. In the seventh, the Bees extended their lead to 7-1 as Rojas drove in a run and hit his third double of the game and plated another run on a bases-loaded balk. Salt Lake capped off the game with one more run in the eighth as Nick Franklin knocked a RBI-single.
Parker Bridwell (5-4) took the winning decision and had a solid start as he went five and two-thirds innings, allowing only one run on six hits while striking out three. Reliever Zac Ryan followed Bridwell and pitched two and one-thirds scoreless innings. Jeremy Rhoades closed the last frame and secured the win for Salt Lake. For the offense, Rojas led the offense after going 3-for-3 with three doubles and one RBI. Rojas has 33 doubles on the season and 60 extra base hits, both tops in the PCL. With 38 games left in the season Rojas is closing in on the franchise record of 45 doubles (Freddy Sandoval, 2008) and 78 extra base hits (Todd Walker, 1996). Bour homered in his first game with Salt Lake after being optioned from the Angels earlier this week. The Bees and Aviators finished their season series with Las Vegas taking nine games to Salt Lake's seven.
The Bees will take Monday off before returning to Smith's Ballpark for a three game series with the Albuquerque Isotopes. Pioneer Day fireworks are scheduled following the games on Tuesday and Wednesday with first pitch coming at 6:35 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 21, 2019
- Albuquerque Holds off El Paso Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ruiz Makes His Mark in Triple-A Debut - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OK City Completes Sweep of Flying Chanclas - San Antonio Missions
- Dukes Defeat El Paso on Retro Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Iowa Takes Series Finale at Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Hitters Struggle for Nashville in Series Finale Loss - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats complete sweep of Rainiers with 6-5 win - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Swept by Sacramento in Sunday Homestand Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno Swept by Fresno, Lose Game Three, 11-4 - Reno Aces
- Fresno Sweeps Reno Behind Brandon Snyder's Huge Afternoon - Fresno Grizzlies
- Garcia Powers Redbirds to 13-2 Victory over Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Rojas Doubles Down against Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (42-57) vs. Iowa Cubs (55-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock at New Orleans Series Finale Postponed - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio at Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes vs. Fresno - Reno Aces
- Brief Three-Game Homestand Begins for Missions Tuesday - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Host First-Place El Paso from July 23-25 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (40-60) at Omaha Storm Chasers (46-54) - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Plate Five in 11th to Top Albuquerque - El Paso Chihuahuas
- The One That Got Away - Reno Aces
- Hoover deals six innings of one-run ball, Grizzlies beat Aces 3-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ