Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio at Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City
Flying Chanclas de San Antonio (62-38) at Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City (44-55)
Game #101/Away Game #48
Sunday July 21, 6:05 p.m.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Johan Belisario (0-1, 36.00) vs. RHP Jaime Schultz (1-2, 4.91)
Two Out Success: Blake Allemand has been one of the most productive hitters for the Chanclas when it comes to hitting with two outs. After his two-run home run in the ninth inning of last night's game (which came with two outs), Allemand has driven in nine off his 11 runs with two outs. He ranks fifth on the Chanclas in batting average with two outs at .308 (4-for-13) including three home runs and six runs scored.
Avoiding the Sweep: San Antonio is looking to avoid being swept for the first time in the 2019 campaign. The last time the Chanclas were swept came in a four game series against Midland on August 28-31. The last 3-game sweep of San Antonio was against Springfield on May 25-27.
Shaw's Hot Streak: It seems like Chanclas infielder Travis Shaw is doing all he can to help the team win and make his return to Milwaukee over his last nine games. Since July 11, Shaw is batting .400 (12-for-30) with five home runs, 15 RBI, and 11 walks. His OBP is .561 during this span and he has an astonishing OPS of 1.494. During this stretch, Shaw's OBP ranks third in the PCL. He is tied for third in RBI and he is fourth in the league on slugging percentage and OPS.
*WHAT THEY'RE SAYING*
San Antonio Missions Baseball Club (@missionsmilb)
It's only been a few days but we miss them already! The Missions are back at the Wolff on Tuesday! atmilb.com/32IZKLe
Had a fantastic time last night. Gonna have to make a trip to watch the @missionsmilb play at home.
RHP Shelby Miller placed on IL (7/19)
RHP Johan Belisario transferred to San Antonio from Biloxi
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 21, 2019
- Albuquerque Holds off El Paso Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ruiz Makes His Mark in Triple-A Debut - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OK City Completes Sweep of Flying Chanclas - San Antonio Missions
- Dukes Defeat El Paso on Retro Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Iowa Takes Series Finale at Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Hitters Struggle for Nashville in Series Finale Loss - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats complete sweep of Rainiers with 6-5 win - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Swept by Sacramento in Sunday Homestand Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno Swept by Fresno, Lose Game Three, 11-4 - Reno Aces
- Fresno Sweeps Reno Behind Brandon Snyder's Huge Afternoon - Fresno Grizzlies
- Garcia Powers Redbirds to 13-2 Victory over Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Rojas Doubles Down against Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (42-57) vs. Iowa Cubs (55-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock at New Orleans Series Finale Postponed - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio at Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes vs. Fresno - Reno Aces
- Brief Three-Game Homestand Begins for Missions Tuesday - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Host First-Place El Paso from July 23-25 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (40-60) at Omaha Storm Chasers (46-54) - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Plate Five in 11th to Top Albuquerque - El Paso Chihuahuas
- The One That Got Away - Reno Aces
- Hoover deals six innings of one-run ball, Grizzlies beat Aces 3-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign
- Missions to Re-Air 2019 Home Opener as Part of #MiLBAtHomeOpener Initiative