Game Notes vs. Fresno
Back for round three, the Reno Aces and Fresno Grizzlies will square off on Sunday afternoon in the Biggest Little City. Fresno has taken the first two games of the series - G1 (5-8) G2 (3-2). Reno is 5-7 against Fresno this season and have been outscored 81-77. Ben Lively will take his 1.76 ERA into game three and will face Scott Copeland. Copeland has four wins through 11 starts this season for Fresno.
Family Sunday featuring $1 Menu
Take advantage of our $1 hot dogs, soda, and popcorn throughout the game! | Presented By 106.9 MoreFM
Kids Run the Bases
All kids in attendance are invited to stay after the game to run the bases and high-five Archie at home plate! | Presented By My Kid's Smile & KTVN 2 News
Bonanza Baseball Bingo
Pick up your scorecard outside of the Biggest Little Team Shop every Sunday and play along with our game to win prizes! | Presented By Bonanza Casino
Aces and the Arts
Our annual Artown event! Bid on custom paintings from local artists as they are created on our concourse, benefiting Artown.
Welcome Back: Domingo Leyba returned to the Aces lineup from the big leagues last night. Leyba, 23, entered last night's contest against Fresno with an average north of .300, 15 home runs and 26 RBI. last night, Leyba went 3-for-5 with a strikeout. While with the D-backs, Leyba hit .333 (3-for-9) in 10 games with one double.
Home Koch-in: Matt Koch has been dominant in his last three appearances at Greater Nevada Field. The right-hander entered last night with back-to-back starts of 6+ innings and one earned run. Koch picked up where he left off, going 6.1 IP with five strikeouts, seven hits and two earned runs. His home ERA this season comes in at 4.72 in seven appearances (6 starts) and has thrown more innings at Greater Nevada Field than every active Aces pitcher other than Taylor Widener.
Did you know: On July 31, 2015 lefty Marc Rzepczynski was traded for Abraham Almonte. Shortly before the 4 p.m. ET non-waiver Trade Deadline, Cleveland shipped Rzepczynski to San Diego in exchange for Minor League outfielder Almonte. Manager Terry Francona said it was tough to see the reliever go. The 29-year-old Rzepczynski, who was acquired by Cleveland prior to the 2013 non-waiver Trade Deadline from the Cardinals, posted a 2.70 ERA in 145 games as a member of the bullpen over the last three seasons. Prior to his 2015 trade, the lefty had a 4.43 ERA in 45 games, while earning $2.4 million through arbitration. Rzepczynski will be eligible for arbitration again for next season.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 21, 2019
- Albuquerque Holds off El Paso Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ruiz Makes His Mark in Triple-A Debut - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OK City Completes Sweep of Flying Chanclas - San Antonio Missions
- Dukes Defeat El Paso on Retro Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Iowa Takes Series Finale at Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Hitters Struggle for Nashville in Series Finale Loss - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats complete sweep of Rainiers with 6-5 win - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Swept by Sacramento in Sunday Homestand Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno Swept by Fresno, Lose Game Three, 11-4 - Reno Aces
- Fresno Sweeps Reno Behind Brandon Snyder's Huge Afternoon - Fresno Grizzlies
- Garcia Powers Redbirds to 13-2 Victory over Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Rojas Doubles Down against Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (42-57) vs. Iowa Cubs (55-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock at New Orleans Series Finale Postponed - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio at Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes vs. Fresno - Reno Aces
- Brief Three-Game Homestand Begins for Missions Tuesday - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Host First-Place El Paso from July 23-25 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (40-60) at Omaha Storm Chasers (46-54) - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Plate Five in 11th to Top Albuquerque - El Paso Chihuahuas
- The One That Got Away - Reno Aces
- Hoover deals six innings of one-run ball, Grizzlies beat Aces 3-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada