Fresno Sweeps Reno Behind Brandon Snyder's Huge Afternoon
Reno, Nevada - The Fresno Grizzlies (52-49) rocked the Reno Aces (42-59) 11-4 from Greater Nevada Field. Behind a six-run seventh, Fresno earned their first sweep of the 2019 campaign while extending the win streak to four games (ties season-long). The Grizzlies finished the 11-game road trip at 6-5 as well. Taylor Guilbeau (2-0) relished the decision and Ben Lively (5-2) suffered the loss.
Fresno's offense roared for 17 hits with seven players picking up multi-knock affairs. Brandon Snyder had three hits, two for dingers, giving him a squad-high 23 (knots career-high). It was his fifth multi-homer contest of the year and third in July. Snyder also drove in five runs, the third time he has achieved that feat. Jose Marmolejos blasted a go-ahead clout in the sixth before the Grizzlies blew the gates open.
Both Andrew Stevenson and Carter Kieboom lengthened their hit streaks with multi-knock performances. Stevenson's streak is at a current club-high 13 games while Kieboom boosted his streak to nine contests. Taylor Gushue, Jake Noll and Matt Reynolds combined for six hits and four doubles for Fresno.
Josh Prince led the Reno lineup with a hit, RBI, run and two walks. Prince has six hits in his last five contests. Abraham Almonte and Carlos Asuaje grabbed the other Aces' RBI in the defeat.
Top Performers: Fresno Grizzlies (Washington Nationals)
- 2B Brandon Snyder (3-5, 2 HR, 5 RBI, 2 R)
- 1B Jose Marmolejos (2-5, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R)
- CF Andrew Stevenson (2-2, 3B, R)
- SS Carter Kieboom (3-5, RBI, R)
Top Performers: Reno Aces (Arizona Diamondbacks)
- 1B Josh Prince (1-2, RBI, R, 2 BB, SB)
- RF Abraham Almonte (1-5, 2B, RBI)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) RADIO/TV
Tuesday July 23 Sacramento River Cats (Home) RHP Logan Ondrusek (Fresno) vs. LHP Andrew Suarez (Sacramento) 7:05 p.m. KRDU 1130 AM / MiLB.TV
ON THAT FRES-NOTE: After 25 series, the Grizzlies have finally swept an opponent. On the other hand, Fresno has not been swept yet. That streak continues on into Tuesday night as Sacramento comes to Fresno for a three-game set. The PCL will enjoy a league-wide off day on Monday.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 21, 2019
- Albuquerque Holds off El Paso Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ruiz Makes His Mark in Triple-A Debut - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OK City Completes Sweep of Flying Chanclas - San Antonio Missions
- Dukes Defeat El Paso on Retro Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Iowa Takes Series Finale at Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Hitters Struggle for Nashville in Series Finale Loss - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats complete sweep of Rainiers with 6-5 win - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Swept by Sacramento in Sunday Homestand Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno Swept by Fresno, Lose Game Three, 11-4 - Reno Aces
- Fresno Sweeps Reno Behind Brandon Snyder's Huge Afternoon - Fresno Grizzlies
- Garcia Powers Redbirds to 13-2 Victory over Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Rojas Doubles Down against Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (42-57) vs. Iowa Cubs (55-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock at New Orleans Series Finale Postponed - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio at Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes vs. Fresno - Reno Aces
- Brief Three-Game Homestand Begins for Missions Tuesday - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Host First-Place El Paso from July 23-25 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (40-60) at Omaha Storm Chasers (46-54) - Memphis Redbirds
- Chihuahuas Plate Five in 11th to Top Albuquerque - El Paso Chihuahuas
- The One That Got Away - Reno Aces
- Hoover deals six innings of one-run ball, Grizzlies beat Aces 3-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Fresno's Wilmer Difo Named PCL Player of the Week
- Fresno Grizzlies End Season on Six-Game Win Streak
- Grizz roar to fifth straight victory thanks to Difo's walk-off double
- Ward and Grizzlies claw past Isotopes 4-2 Saturday
- Sellout Crowd Watches Grizz Beat ABQ 6-5