Grizzlies Fall to Tulsa 4-1
West Valley City, Utah - The Tulsa Oilers got goals from 4 different players and outshot the Utah Grizzlies 27 to 14 on their way to a 4-1 win on Wednesday night at Maverik Center.
Tulsa took a 2-0 lead early in the game as Scott Henegar and Charlie Sampair each scored first period. Tulsa outshot Utah 13 to 2 in the first period of play.
The Oilers extended the lead to 3-0 as Jared Thomas scored his 10th of the year on a power play goal. Tulsa went 1 for 4 on the power play. The Grizzlies went 0 for 3 on the man advantage.
Utah got on the board as Austin Carroll scored his 11th goal on an unassisted breakaway goal 3 minutes into the third period. Tulsa added an empty net goal by Alex Kromm with 1:57 left in regulation. The Grizzlies were outshot 8 to 3 in the 3rd period.
Oilers goaltender Evan Fitzpatrick gets the win, stopping 13 of 14 shots. Kevin Carr stopped 23 of 26 for the Grizzlies. It was a rare loss for Carr, who has a record of 12-3-1 on the year.
Game 2 of the 3 game series is Friday night at 7:05 pm. Tickets are available now at utahgrizzlies.com or any Smith's Tix locations. The game can be heard on Classic Country 1370 AM/104.3 FM HD-2. The game is also featured as the ECHL.TV showcase game on Facebook Live.
Images from this story
Utah Grizzlies lineup
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2019
- Komm Returned on Loan from Phantoms, Hora and Booth Promoted to AHL - Reading Royals
- Promotional Details for this Saturday's Pink in the Rink Announced - Norfolk Admirals
- Ryan Faragher, Brad McClure Return to Steelheads from AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 17 - ECHL
- Thunder Names Robbie Nolan Honorary Captain for Go Red Night - Wichita Thunder
- Halverson's Save Makes SportsCenter Top Ten Plays - Maine Mariners
- Cherniwchan Selected as All-Star Classic Replacement - South Carolina Stingrays
- VanWormer Selected for Hardest Shot Competition in ECHL Skills Challenge - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Captain David Kolomatis Named Captain of Eastern Conference All-Stars - Manchester Monarchs
- Pleskach Selected for ECHL All-Star Classic - Tulsa Oilers
- Captains, Roster Replacements and Skills Competition Rosters Announced for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Gardiner Named to All-Star Classic, Replaces Taylor - Kalamazoo Wings
- Alex Brooks Selected as ECHL All-Star Replacement - Indy Fuel
- Collins Signs PTO with AHL Manitoba - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Host Annual Jayden DeLuca Foundation Jersey Auction this Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Open Series in Idaho with a 3-2 Win - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-1 Tulsa Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Fall to Tulsa 4-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Fall to Americans, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Rapid Reaction: 'Blades Score Twice in 7-Second Span to Top Rush, 4-0 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Win Fifth Straight to Open Series in Utah - Tulsa Oilers
- Jacksonville Comes out on Top in Norfolk - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.