Ryan Faragher, Brad McClure Return to Steelheads from AHL
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads receive two players returning from AHL clubs, with goaltender Ryan Faragher returning from loan to the Stockton Heat and Brad McClure being assigned to Idaho by the Texas Stars, Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced Thursday.
Faragher, 28, joins the Steelheads following his third stint with the AHL Heat, appearing in relief on January 4 against the Tucson Roadrunners. In 28 AHL appearances, the Fort Frances, Ont., native owns a 10-14-1 record with a 2.63 goals-against average and a .908 save percentage with one shutout. With the Steelheads, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound goaltender earned CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week on December 18, his fourth weekly honor, after allowing one goal in two games against Kansas City. This season, Faragher owns a 4-3-0 record with a 2.83 goals-against average and a .902 save percentage with one shutout through nine games with the Steelheads.
McClure, 25, made his AHL debut with the Texas Stars on January 12 against the Iowa Wild, posting three shots and a plus-one rating. The Stratford, Ont., product returns to the Steelheads now sitting second on the team in goals and power play points (11) as well as third in overall scoring, owning 14 goals and 15 assists for 29 points through 34 games in his rookie season. McClure remains in the top-10 in ECHL rookie scoring.
The Steelheads continue their three-game weekend against the Allen Americans on Friday at 7:10 p.m. from CenturyLink Arena.
The Steelheads Hockey Starter Pack is the perfect mini-plan heading into the New Year! Call the Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information. Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2019
- Komm Returned on Loan from Phantoms, Hora and Booth Promoted to AHL - Reading Royals
- Promotional Details for this Saturday's Pink in the Rink Announced - Norfolk Admirals
- Ryan Faragher, Brad McClure Return to Steelheads from AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 17 - ECHL
- Thunder Names Robbie Nolan Honorary Captain for Go Red Night - Wichita Thunder
- Halverson's Save Makes SportsCenter Top Ten Plays - Maine Mariners
- Cherniwchan Selected as All-Star Classic Replacement - South Carolina Stingrays
- VanWormer Selected for Hardest Shot Competition in ECHL Skills Challenge - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Captain David Kolomatis Named Captain of Eastern Conference All-Stars - Manchester Monarchs
- Pleskach Selected for ECHL All-Star Classic - Tulsa Oilers
- Captains, Roster Replacements and Skills Competition Rosters Announced for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Gardiner Named to All-Star Classic, Replaces Taylor - Kalamazoo Wings
- Alex Brooks Selected as ECHL All-Star Replacement - Indy Fuel
- Collins Signs PTO with AHL Manitoba - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Host Annual Jayden DeLuca Foundation Jersey Auction this Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Open Series in Idaho with a 3-2 Win - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-1 Tulsa Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Fall to Tulsa 4-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Fall to Americans, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Rapid Reaction: 'Blades Score Twice in 7-Second Span to Top Rush, 4-0 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Win Fifth Straight to Open Series in Utah - Tulsa Oilers
- Jacksonville Comes out on Top in Norfolk - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Late Goal Helps to Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Oilers
- Steelheads Open Midwest Swing with 4-1 Win over Thunder
- Cuglietta, Vala Recalled to Texas Stars Ahead of Road Weekend
- Steelheads Weekly - November 11, 2019
- Steelheads Sunk by Late Goal in 1-0 Loss to Rush