Alex Brooks Selected as ECHL All-Star Replacement
INDIANAPOLIS - The ECHL announced Thursday that Indy Fuel defenseman Alex Brooks has been selected to the 2019 CCM/All-Star Classic roster, replacing former Fuel defender Neil Manning. Manning was released from his contract with the AHL's Rockford IceHogs on Tuesday, leaving the organization to play in Europe.
Brooks, 27, will be making his first All-Star appearance this Monday night, joining the Western Conference All-Stars for the league's midseason showcase in Toledo, Ohio. The 6-foot, 195-pound defenseman leads all active Indy blueliners with 15 points (5g, 10a) in 35 games this season, while his +12 rating is tops on the Fuel roster. A native of Walker, Mich., Brooks has scored four goals and four assists over Indy's 11 previous games since returning from the ECHL's holiday break.
In his third year as a professional, Brooks has collected 55 points (12g, 43a) in 149 career ECHL contests with the Fuel, Kansas City Mavericks and the South Carolina Stingrays, while also tallying 11 points in 15 games spent with the Southern Professional Hockey League's Fayetteville FireAntz from 2015-17. A four-year product of the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (NCAA III), Brooks compiled 18 goals and 86 assists over 114 career games with the Pointers.
For the second consecutive year, the CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic will feature a 3-on-3 tournament with four teams competing for the top spot. New in 2019, the host team will make up two of the four teams and face-off against the other two teams made up of All-Star players from the Eastern and Western Conference. These four teams will compete in a 3-on-3 tournament with rally scoring in order to crown a winner. The 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Skills Competition will take place in between rounds of the tournament, highlighting the talents of the ECHL Players, and showcasing the future of hockey as they develop in the League.
CCM/ECHL All-Star packages and individual tickets can be purchased by calling (419) 725-9255 or by visiting www.toledowalleye.com/allstar.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2019
- Komm Returned on Loan from Phantoms, Hora and Booth Promoted to AHL - Reading Royals
- Promotional Details for this Saturday's Pink in the Rink Announced - Norfolk Admirals
- Ryan Faragher, Brad McClure Return to Steelheads from AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 17 - ECHL
- Thunder Names Robbie Nolan Honorary Captain for Go Red Night - Wichita Thunder
- Halverson's Save Makes SportsCenter Top Ten Plays - Maine Mariners
- Cherniwchan Selected as All-Star Classic Replacement - South Carolina Stingrays
- VanWormer Selected for Hardest Shot Competition in ECHL Skills Challenge - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Captain David Kolomatis Named Captain of Eastern Conference All-Stars - Manchester Monarchs
- Pleskach Selected for ECHL All-Star Classic - Tulsa Oilers
- Captains, Roster Replacements and Skills Competition Rosters Announced for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Gardiner Named to All-Star Classic, Replaces Taylor - Kalamazoo Wings
- Alex Brooks Selected as ECHL All-Star Replacement - Indy Fuel
- Collins Signs PTO with AHL Manitoba - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Host Annual Jayden DeLuca Foundation Jersey Auction this Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Open Series in Idaho with a 3-2 Win - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-1 Tulsa Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Fall to Tulsa 4-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Fall to Americans, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Rapid Reaction: 'Blades Score Twice in 7-Second Span to Top Rush, 4-0 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Win Fifth Straight to Open Series in Utah - Tulsa Oilers
- Jacksonville Comes out on Top in Norfolk - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Fuel Stories
- Rupert's Milestone Night Leads Fuel over League-Leading Cyclones
- Shalla's Game-Winner Sparks Fuel to Overtime Victory
- Wheeling Rides Strong Third Period to Win over Fuel
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 23 (March 11-17, 2019)
- Fuel Stifle Royals in St. Patrick's Day Victory in Reading