Pleskach Selected for ECHL All-Star Classic
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL on Thursday announced the team captains, roster replacements and skills competition rosters for the 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic presented by ProMedica, to be hosted by the Toledo Walleye on Monday, Jan. 21 at 7 p.m. ET at the Huntington Center. The game will air LIVE exclusively on NHL Network. Tulsa Oilers captain Adam Pleskach was among the players named to the Western Conference team.
Pleskach, 30, leads the Oilers with 38 points (18 goals, 20 assists) in 40 games this season and will be appearing in his first All-Star Classic. The Beausejour, Manitoba native is sixth in the ECHL with 18 goals, 13th with 38 points, and leads the league with 166 shots on goal. Pleskach is in his sixth season with the Oilers and is third in franchise history with 152 goals and fourth in points (294), while playing in the third-most games 367.
Tulsa's captain will replace Rapid City's Andrew Radjenovic on the Western Conference roster, who departed to play in Europe. Kalamazoo's Reid Gardiner will replace injured teammate Justin Taylor, and Indy's Alex Brooks will take the spot of teammate Neil Manning, who has also departed to play in Europe.
Norfolk's Jalen Smereck will replace Maine's Sean Day on the Eastern Conference roster, as Day is currently recalled to Hartford of the American Hockey League. South Carolina's Andrew Cherniwchan takes the spot of injured teammate Jonathan Charbonneau.
David Kolomatis of the Manchester Monarchs was named the captain of the Eastern Conference, while Fort Wayne's Justin Hodgman will captain the Western Conference team. Toledo's A.J. Jenks will be the captain of Team Fins and Walleye forward Shane Berschbach is captain of Team Hooks.
The 2019 CCM/ECHL Skills Competition will feature three events: Fastest Skater, Hardest Shot and Accuracy Shooting. Each competition will feature one player from each All-Star team, with the winning player earning a point for his team.
Western Conference - Alex Breton (Allen Americans)
Eastern Conference - Giorgio Estephan (Newfoundland Growlers)
Team Hooks - Tyler Spezia (Toledo Walleye)
Team Fins - Bryan Moore (Toledo Walleye)
Western Conference - Jared VanWormer (Kansas City Mavericks)
Eastern Conference - Johno May (Greenville Swamp Rabbits)
Team Hooks - Matt Register (Toledo Walleye)
Team Fins - A.J. Jenks (Toledo Walleye)
Western Conference - Vasili Glotov (Cincinnati Cyclones)
Eastern Conference - David Pacan (Brampton Beast)
Team Hooks - Greg Wolfe (Toledo Walleye)
Team Fins - T.J. Hensick (Toledo Walleye)
For the second consecutive year, the CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic will feature a 3-on-3 tournament with four teams competing for the top spot. New in 2019, the host team will make up two of the four teams and face-off against the other two teams made up of All-Star players from the Eastern and Western Conference. These four teams will compete in a 3-on-3 tournament with rally scoring in order to crown a winner. The 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Skills Competition will take place in between rounds of the tournament, highlighting the talents of the ECHL players.
Images from this story
Tulsa Oilers captain Adam Pleskach
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2019
- Komm Returned on Loan from Phantoms, Hora and Booth Promoted to AHL - Reading Royals
- Promotional Details for this Saturday's Pink in the Rink Announced - Norfolk Admirals
- Ryan Faragher, Brad McClure Return to Steelheads from AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 17 - ECHL
- Thunder Names Robbie Nolan Honorary Captain for Go Red Night - Wichita Thunder
- Halverson's Save Makes SportsCenter Top Ten Plays - Maine Mariners
- Cherniwchan Selected as All-Star Classic Replacement - South Carolina Stingrays
- VanWormer Selected for Hardest Shot Competition in ECHL Skills Challenge - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Captain David Kolomatis Named Captain of Eastern Conference All-Stars - Manchester Monarchs
- Pleskach Selected for ECHL All-Star Classic - Tulsa Oilers
- Captains, Roster Replacements and Skills Competition Rosters Announced for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Gardiner Named to All-Star Classic, Replaces Taylor - Kalamazoo Wings
- Alex Brooks Selected as ECHL All-Star Replacement - Indy Fuel
- Collins Signs PTO with AHL Manitoba - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Host Annual Jayden DeLuca Foundation Jersey Auction this Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Open Series in Idaho with a 3-2 Win - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-1 Tulsa Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Fall to Tulsa 4-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Fall to Americans, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Rapid Reaction: 'Blades Score Twice in 7-Second Span to Top Rush, 4-0 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Win Fifth Straight to Open Series in Utah - Tulsa Oilers
- Jacksonville Comes out on Top in Norfolk - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.