Steelheads Fall to Americans, 3-2
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads (23-12-3) went back and forth with the Allen Americans (13-27-2) but fell 3-2 on Wednesday night from CenturyLink Arena.
The Steelheads and Americans battled back and forth throughout the game, and on the first power play of the night, the Americans jumped ahead. At 1:18 of the first period, Americans forward Adam Miller was opened for a one-time shot off the right post to take the early 1-0 lead. Steelheads forward Kale Kessy cashed for his first goal of the night with a shot from behind the net pushed in by an Americans forward at 5:18, which tied the game at 1-1.
The Americans scored the first goal of the second period as well at 8:30, with this time defenseman Joel Chouinard scoring from the blue line to take a 2-1 lead. Kessy would answer again, this goal at 13:05, set up by a cross-ice pass by forward A.J. White to set up the one-time shot and a tie game, 2-2.
In the third period, the Americans found the deciding goal on the power play at 8:21 when forward Zach Pochiro fired a one-time shot from the left circle, jumping ahead 3-2. The Steelheads pressed with the help of a late power play, but the Americans held off the Steelheads for the win.
Americans goaltender C.J. Motte (11-11-2) halted 28 of 30 shots in the win, while Steelheads netminder Tomas Sholl (14-5-0) saved 27 of 30 shots in the loss. The Steelheads and Americans continue their weekend series on Friday, Jan. 18 at 7:10 p.m. from CenturyLink Arena. Tickets are available by calling 208-383-0080 or going to idahosteelheads.com. Coverage begins at 6:50 p.m. on 1350AM KTIK as well as 7:00 p.m. on CableOne Ch. 72 and ECHL TV.
Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2019
- Komm Returned on Loan from Phantoms, Hora and Booth Promoted to AHL - Reading Royals
- Promotional Details for this Saturday's Pink in the Rink Announced - Norfolk Admirals
- Ryan Faragher, Brad McClure Return to Steelheads from AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 17 - ECHL
- Thunder Names Robbie Nolan Honorary Captain for Go Red Night - Wichita Thunder
- Halverson's Save Makes SportsCenter Top Ten Plays - Maine Mariners
- Cherniwchan Selected as All-Star Classic Replacement - South Carolina Stingrays
- VanWormer Selected for Hardest Shot Competition in ECHL Skills Challenge - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Captain David Kolomatis Named Captain of Eastern Conference All-Stars - Manchester Monarchs
- Pleskach Selected for ECHL All-Star Classic - Tulsa Oilers
- Captains, Roster Replacements and Skills Competition Rosters Announced for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Gardiner Named to All-Star Classic, Replaces Taylor - Kalamazoo Wings
- Alex Brooks Selected as ECHL All-Star Replacement - Indy Fuel
- Collins Signs PTO with AHL Manitoba - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Host Annual Jayden DeLuca Foundation Jersey Auction this Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Open Series in Idaho with a 3-2 Win - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-1 Tulsa Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Fall to Tulsa 4-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Fall to Americans, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Rapid Reaction: 'Blades Score Twice in 7-Second Span to Top Rush, 4-0 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Win Fifth Straight to Open Series in Utah - Tulsa Oilers
- Jacksonville Comes out on Top in Norfolk - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.