Game Notes: at Idaho
Rapid City Rush @ Idaho Steelheads - 7:10 p.m. MDT
Idaho: 19gp, 10-5-2-2, 24pts (3rd Mountain)
Last Game - 11/23 vs Kansas City (3-2 W/OT)
Rush: 19gp, 12-5-2-0, 26pts (T-3rd ECHL)
Last Game - 11/23 vs Tulsa (3-2 W)
HEAD TO HEAD - 3 of 13 Games Played
Idaho: 0-2-1-0 (1pt)
Power Play: 7.7% (1/13)
Penalty Kill: 69.2% (9/13)
Leading Scorer(s): Will Merchant (3gp, 1g-1ast-2pts)
Rush: 3-0-0-0 (6pts)
Power Play: 30.8% (4/13)
Penalty Kill: 92.3% (13/14)
Leading Scorer(s): Peter Quenneville (3gp, 5ast)
STREET SWEEPERS: Once again on home ice, the Rush have done it again, sweeping the Tulsa Oilers in a three-game set last week. With the sweep secured in Saturday's 3-2 win, the team is now undefeated at home through eight games, the last such team in the ECHL. The win also helps the Rush tie a franchise record for most consecutive home wins at 8, tied with the 2011-12 CHL season.
OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN: For the eleventh time in franchise history, a Rush player will take on the mantle of Captain, with that honor now belonging to Rush forward Peter Quenneville. Consistently among the ECHL's leading scorers since day one, Quenneville enters this week as the second-leading scorer in the entire league with 25 points, and the assists leader with 17. He's currently on a five-game goal-scoring streak, and has 10 points amassed in those five games. Previously, Quenneville served as the Captain of the WHL's Brandon Wheat Kings in the 2014-15 season, finishing just shy of the WHL Championship.
UNDER-20: Normally, that's a designation for a level of international competition, but for the Rush, it describes their shooting output from the week against Tulsa. On two different occasions, the Rush registered 19 shots, and despite the low output, won both games. The Rush have earned 10 of their wins this season while being outshot by their opposition.
COULT .45: Rush forward Tyler Coulter is synonymous with homophonic firearm as of recently. The rookie struck twice in the win on Saturday, and finished the week off with 3 goals in the last two games of the set against Tulsa. In his last five games, Coulter has 6 points, split right down the middle with 3 goals and assists.
WE MEET AGAIN: For the first time since a three-game series in Rapid City, the Rush rematch the Idaho Steelheads in a similar set of games for the first time in Boise. For the first time ever, the Rush swept the Steelheads in the series, surrendering only one point to their Mountain Division rival. Last year at CenturyLink Arena, the Rush went 4-2-2-1, their first winning season on the road in Idaho.
WE'RE GOING STREAKING!: Only two players carry a statistical streak into tonight's first of three showdowns with the Idaho Steelheads:
Peter Quenneville - has goals and points in his last five games (5gp, 5g-5ast-10pts)
Giovanni Fiore - has assists and points in his last three games (3gp, 3ast)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2019
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, November 27, 2019 - Jacksonville IceMen
- K-Wings Erase Two-Goal Deficit in Heartbreaking Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Falls to Tulsa on Thanksgiving Eve - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta Scores Four Unanswered Goals to Defeat Norfolk, 4-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Withstand Late Charge to Clip Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Glads Go Back for Fourths in Turkey Day Turnabout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Pelech Hits Historic Milestone in Swamp Rabbits Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Extend Point Streak to Six, But Fall in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Come up Short in First Game of Three Game Road Swing - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Stuff Fuel on Thanksgiving Eve, 4-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Prevail over the Railers 4-1 in David Cunniff's Railers Coaching Debut - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Best Railers 4-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Colton Point Assigned to Steelheads from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Call up Tirone from SPHL Fayetteville - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - November 27 - ECHL
- Nailers Receive Justin Almeida from Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Notes: at Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Announce Black Friday Flash Sale - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Second Annual Teddy Bear Toss Is December 7th - Maine Mariners
- Coughlin's Third Period Goals Lift Norfolk Past Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Worcester Railers Make Coaching Change, Hire David Cunniff as General Manager and Head Coach - Worcester Railers HC
- Artistic Toys & Promotions to Give Away 2,000 Teddy Bears at December 14 Game - Reading Royals
- Growlers Pregame Notes: November 27 vs. Worcester Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Solar Bears Fall to Admirals, 4-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.