Solar Bears Fall to Admirals, 4-2
ORLANDO, Fla. - Despite a second-period comeback from a two-goal deficit, the Orlando Solar Bears (5-8-3-1) surrendered two goals in the third period as they fell to the Norfolk Admirals (5-12-3-0) by a 4-2 score on Tuesday night at the Jewett Orthopaedic Rink at Amway Center.
Alex Rodriguez gave the visitors an early 1-0 lead just 2:01 into the first period when the redirected a centering pass from Josh Holmstrom past Zachary Fucale for a power-play goal.
Charlie O'Connor extended Norfolk's lead to two goals at 4:03 of the second period when he knocked in a rebound from Ryan Salkeld to make it 2-0.
Mikhail Shalagin got the Solar Bears on the board at 5:51 when Colby McAuley intercepted a pass from a Norfolk defender and put a shot into the blocker of Roman Durny, and Shalagin tapped the puck in off the rebound for his third of the season.
Tristin Langan then tied the score at 2-2 when Dylan Fitze received a Ryan Lohin pass and jammed the puck into the pads of Durny, allowing Langan to force the rebound into the net at 13:39 for his third of the season.
The Admirals re-took the lead in the third period with a power-play goal from Johnny Coughlin at 11:27, and Zach Franko sealed the game with an empty-net tally at 18:49.
Fucale took the loss for Orlando with 26 saves on 29 shots against; Durny earned the win with 35 stops on 37 shots.
1) Johnny Coughlin - NOR
2) Tristin Langan - ORL
3) Roman Durny - NOR
Chris LeBlanc played in his 135th career game with Orlando, moving him past Brady Vail for sole possession of the fourth-most regular season games played in team history
Fitze led Orlando with seven shots on goal; his assist on Langan's goal gives him a two-game point streak (1g-1a)
McAuley has two assists in his last two games
The Solar Bears host the South Carolina Stingrays as the team celebrates Kids Weekend, presented by First Watch on Saturday, Nov. 30 at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2019
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, November 27, 2019 - Jacksonville IceMen
- K-Wings Erase Two-Goal Deficit in Heartbreaking Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Falls to Tulsa on Thanksgiving Eve - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta Scores Four Unanswered Goals to Defeat Norfolk, 4-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Withstand Late Charge to Clip Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Glads Go Back for Fourths in Turkey Day Turnabout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Pelech Hits Historic Milestone in Swamp Rabbits Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Extend Point Streak to Six, But Fall in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Come up Short in First Game of Three Game Road Swing - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Stuff Fuel on Thanksgiving Eve, 4-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Prevail over the Railers 4-1 in David Cunniff's Railers Coaching Debut - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Best Railers 4-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Colton Point Assigned to Steelheads from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Call up Tirone from SPHL Fayetteville - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - November 27 - ECHL
- Nailers Receive Justin Almeida from Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Notes: at Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Announce Black Friday Flash Sale - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Second Annual Teddy Bear Toss Is December 7th - Maine Mariners
- Coughlin's Third Period Goals Lift Norfolk Past Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Worcester Railers Make Coaching Change, Hire David Cunniff as General Manager and Head Coach - Worcester Railers HC
- Artistic Toys & Promotions to Give Away 2,000 Teddy Bears at December 14 Game - Reading Royals
- Growlers Pregame Notes: November 27 vs. Worcester Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Solar Bears Fall to Admirals, 4-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.