Colton Point Assigned to Steelheads from Texas Stars
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads receive goaltender Colton Point on assignment by the Dallas Stars from the Texas Stars ahead of this weekend's home series, Steelheads Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations Everett Sheen announced on Wednesday.
Point, 21, appeared in his first game of the season with AHL Texas on November 22, halting 28 of 32 shots in a 4-0 loss. The North Bay, Ont. product has played eight career AHL games over the last two seasons, posting a 2-4-1 record with a 3.80 goals-against average (GAA) and .860 save percentage. The 6-foot-4, 220-pound goaltender owns a 2-3-1 record in seven games with the Steelheads this season along with a 2.52 GAA and .920 save pct., sitting in the top-20 among ECHL goaltenders in GAA. Over his ECHL career, he has a 7-5-3 record with a 2.99 GAA and a .900 save pct.
Before his professional career, Point played two seasons at Colgate University and ranked second among all collegiate goaltenders with a 1.60 GAA and .950 save pct. during his sophomore season. He was a finalist for the Mike Richter Award in 2018.
The Steelheads welcome the Rapid City Rush for a three-game weekend beginning tonight at 7:10 p.m. from CenturyLink Arena. Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to plan your seats for this season, including single-game, flex plans and season tickets. Stay connected to the Steelheads on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2019
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, November 27, 2019 - Jacksonville IceMen
- K-Wings Erase Two-Goal Deficit in Heartbreaking Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Falls to Tulsa on Thanksgiving Eve - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta Scores Four Unanswered Goals to Defeat Norfolk, 4-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Withstand Late Charge to Clip Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Glads Go Back for Fourths in Turkey Day Turnabout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Pelech Hits Historic Milestone in Swamp Rabbits Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Extend Point Streak to Six, But Fall in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Come up Short in First Game of Three Game Road Swing - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Stuff Fuel on Thanksgiving Eve, 4-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Prevail over the Railers 4-1 in David Cunniff's Railers Coaching Debut - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Best Railers 4-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Colton Point Assigned to Steelheads from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Call up Tirone from SPHL Fayetteville - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - November 27 - ECHL
- Nailers Receive Justin Almeida from Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Notes: at Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Announce Black Friday Flash Sale - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Second Annual Teddy Bear Toss Is December 7th - Maine Mariners
- Coughlin's Third Period Goals Lift Norfolk Past Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Worcester Railers Make Coaching Change, Hire David Cunniff as General Manager and Head Coach - Worcester Railers HC
- Artistic Toys & Promotions to Give Away 2,000 Teddy Bears at December 14 Game - Reading Royals
- Growlers Pregame Notes: November 27 vs. Worcester Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Solar Bears Fall to Admirals, 4-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.