Nailers Receive Justin Almeida from Penguins
WHEELING, WV - The Wheeling Nailers, proud ECHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins, have made a transaction, which takes effect immediately. Forward Justin Almeida has been reassigned from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins to the Nailers by the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Almeida, 20, made his professional debut at the start of this season, appearing in seven games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. On October 16th, Justin netted his first career goal, helping the Penguins rally back from a 3-1 deficit to defeat the Binghamton Devils, 5-3. Prior to turning pro, the North Vancouver, British Columbia native played in parts of five seasons in the WHL, starting with the Prince George Cougars, then finishing with the Moose Jaw Warriors. Almeida had loads of success in Moose Jaw, exploding for 224 points in 169 games, including a 111-point campaign last season. Justin was originally selected by Pittsburgh in the fifth round (129th overall pick) of the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.
Justin Almeida and the Nailers will play host to the Fort Wayne Komets on Wednesday at 7:05. Wheeling is also home on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is Nailercon, featuring an appearance by the Pittsburgh Knights and a Super Mario Kart Tournament. On Sunday, fans can skate with the even-numbered players after the game. The next Big-6 Promotional Night is Be Our Neighbor Night on Saturday, December 7th. New for all Saturday home games, fans can purchase a Friends & Family 4-Pack, which includes four tickets, four Tito's Sloppy Doggs, and a $10 voucher to the Nailers Team Store. The Wheeling Nailers, considered one of the top things to do in Wheeling, West Virginia, provide affordable family entertainment for fans throughout the Ohio Valley. For information on season tickets, group tickets, partial plans, and more, call (304) 234-GOAL.
Images from this story
Forward Justin Almeida
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2019
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, November 27, 2019 - Jacksonville IceMen
- K-Wings Erase Two-Goal Deficit in Heartbreaking Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Falls to Tulsa on Thanksgiving Eve - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta Scores Four Unanswered Goals to Defeat Norfolk, 4-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Withstand Late Charge to Clip Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Glads Go Back for Fourths in Turkey Day Turnabout - Atlanta Gladiators
- Pelech Hits Historic Milestone in Swamp Rabbits Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Extend Point Streak to Six, But Fall in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Come up Short in First Game of Three Game Road Swing - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Stuff Fuel on Thanksgiving Eve, 4-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Prevail over the Railers 4-1 in David Cunniff's Railers Coaching Debut - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Best Railers 4-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Colton Point Assigned to Steelheads from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Call up Tirone from SPHL Fayetteville - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - November 27 - ECHL
- Nailers Receive Justin Almeida from Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Notes: at Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Announce Black Friday Flash Sale - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Second Annual Teddy Bear Toss Is December 7th - Maine Mariners
- Coughlin's Third Period Goals Lift Norfolk Past Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Worcester Railers Make Coaching Change, Hire David Cunniff as General Manager and Head Coach - Worcester Railers HC
- Artistic Toys & Promotions to Give Away 2,000 Teddy Bears at December 14 Game - Reading Royals
- Growlers Pregame Notes: November 27 vs. Worcester Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Solar Bears Fall to Admirals, 4-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.