Game Day Report: Mavericks, Steelheads Begin Three-Game Set Wednesday
BOISE, Idaho - The Kansas City Mavericks and Idaho Steelheads begin a week-long three-game set Wednesday night at CenturyLink Arena.
Game Notes Packet
The Matchup: Mavericks (14-5-1-1) at Steelheads (12-9-1-2)
Venue: CenturyLink Arena | Boise, Idaho
All-Time Series: Mavericks trail 2-2-2-0
Tune In: Hear Bob Rennison's play-by-play radio call of tonight's game by tuning in via the Mavericks' free mobile app or at KCMavericks.com. A video stream of the game is available through the subscription service ECHL.tv.
Coming In Hot: Tonight's meeting is a clash of two of the hottest teams in the Mountain Division, the third-place Mavericks and fourth-place Steelheads. Kansas City has taken seven of a possible eight points thus far in December and Idaho has gone 7-2-0-1 in its last 10 games, points in four-straight.
Raising The Temp: The Mavericks received reinforcements from AHL affiliate Stockton on Tuesday, adding forward Jordan Ernst and goalie Nick Schneider. Ernst was called up on Friday and skated in Stockton's 4-3 win over Manitoba Saturday, while Schneider has enjoyed success with the AHL club for the last month, going 6-2 with the Heat.
Secondary Scoring: The Mavericks enjoyed scoring from unlikely sources over the weekend as Willie Raskob and Cliff Watson each lit the lamp in both games against Allen. Raskob scored once in each contest while Watson scored twice on Friday and then added the game-winner Saturday, taking his season goal total from two to five.
Perfect When Leading: The Mavericks are perfect on the year when leading at either intermission, entering tonight's contest 4-0 when leading through 20 minutes of play and a perfect 11-0 with a lead after two periods of play. Kansas City saw its third-period lead slip away on Saturday but responded with two goals in 33 seconds to steal two points from Allen.
What to Watch For: First goal. Both teams have been excellent this season when scoring first, Kansas City entering tonight's game with a record of 8-1-1 after recording the game's first score and Idaho with a mark of 6-1-1-1.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 12, 2018
- Shootout Victory Gives Rays Fourth Straight Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Taylor's Two Goals Power Kalamazoo Past Brampton - Brampton Beast
- Shorthanded Glads Earn Hard Fought Point in Shootout Loss to Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Houser Backstops 'Clones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Big Second Period Leads the Railers to a 3-2 Home Win over Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Fast Start Leads Cyclones Past Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Taylor Nets 200th ECHL Goal as K-Wings Top Beast 4-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Punish Americans in the Third - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Drop Monarchs, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Growlers Capsize Mariners 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Swept in St. John's - Maine Mariners
- Zach Nastasiuk, Jeremy Helvig Return to Everblades from Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Steve McParland Returns to Idaho from Loan - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - December 12 - ECHL
- D Steve Johnson Signs PTO with Hershey - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Announces Three Roster Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Alex Kile Returned on Loan from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Tulsa Oilers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans Face Wheeling Tonight in Kelly Cup Finals Rematch - Allen Americans
- Nailers vs. Americans Game Day Snap Shot, December 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Glads Sign Former NHLer Jared Ross - Atlanta Gladiators
- Krushelnyski Recalled from Loan by Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Steelheads Begin Three-Game Set Wednesday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brian Ward Recalled to AHL's Binghamton Devils - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Day: Midweek Tilt Takes K-Wings to Brampton - Kalamazoo Wings
- Ernst, Schneider to Rejoin Mavericks - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Welcome Thousands of Students for Annual Kids Day Game
- Mavericks Kids Day Game at 10:35 a.m. Tomorrow
- Mavs Monday: Top Team Blown out in KC, First Road Trip this Weekend
- Mavs Explode against West's Top Team, Defeat Rapid City 10-1
- Mavericks, KCWE Add Road Broadcast to TV Schedule