Brian Ward Recalled to AHL's Binghamton Devils
Glens Falls, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that forward Brian Ward has been recalled from his loan to the American Hockey League's Binghamton Devils.
Ward, 26, is set to make his 2018-2019 AHL debut after skating in 19 games for the Thunder thus far. With Adirondack, the 6-foot-1 center has put up nine points (5g-4a), 51 PIM and a plus-four rating to start the season.
The Haverhill, Massachusetts native has seen action with four different American League clubs over the course of his career - the Charlotte Checkers, Albany Devils, Utica Comets and Providence Bruins. Ward has appeared in 12 career AHL contests totaling two points, both assists, 2 PIM and a minus-one rating.
Ward is the Thunder's all-time leading goal scorer as he has tallied 68 times in his Adirondack career, including five goals scored this season. His 123 total points (68g-55a) ranks second in franchise history behind only James Henry's 172 points.
Prior to signing with the Thunder, Ward skated three seasons at St. Lawrence University in Canton, NY. Ward did not miss a game in his collegiate career, totaling 70 points (27-43-70) from 122 games played while leading the Saints in scoring during the 2014-15 season.
The Thunder are back in action for two games this weekend - the team travels to Portland, ME to take on the Mariners Friday night before returning home for MARVEL Super Hero Night and Teddy Bear Toss Saturday against Manchester. Visit ECHLThunder.com or call 518-480-3355 for tickets. For the latest Thunder news, be sure to follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ECHLThunder) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/ECHLThunder).
Images from this story
Adirondack Thunder forward Brian Ward against the Brampton Beast
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 12, 2018
- Shootout Victory Gives Rays Fourth Straight Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Taylor's Two Goals Power Kalamazoo Past Brampton - Brampton Beast
- Shorthanded Glads Earn Hard Fought Point in Shootout Loss to Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Houser Backstops 'Clones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Big Second Period Leads the Railers to a 3-2 Home Win over Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Fast Start Leads Cyclones Past Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Taylor Nets 200th ECHL Goal as K-Wings Top Beast 4-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Punish Americans in the Third - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Drop Monarchs, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Growlers Capsize Mariners 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Swept in St. John's - Maine Mariners
- Zach Nastasiuk, Jeremy Helvig Return to Everblades from Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Steve McParland Returns to Idaho from Loan - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - December 12 - ECHL
- D Steve Johnson Signs PTO with Hershey - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Announces Three Roster Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Alex Kile Returned on Loan from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Tulsa Oilers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans Face Wheeling Tonight in Kelly Cup Finals Rematch - Allen Americans
- Nailers vs. Americans Game Day Snap Shot, December 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Glads Sign Former NHLer Jared Ross - Atlanta Gladiators
- Krushelnyski Recalled from Loan by Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Steelheads Begin Three-Game Set Wednesday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brian Ward Recalled to AHL's Binghamton Devils - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Day: Midweek Tilt Takes K-Wings to Brampton - Kalamazoo Wings
- Ernst, Schneider to Rejoin Mavericks - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.