Glads Sign Former NHLer Jared Ross
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced on Wednesday that they have signed forward Jared Ross to a standard professional contract.
Ross, 36, comes out of retirement to help the Gladiators who are riddled with injuries and call-ups. The native of Huntsville, AL played 13 NHL games for the Philadelphia Flyers during his 11-year pro career. The 5-foot-9, 175-pound forward played one game for the Gwinnett Gladiators at the start of his rookie season in 2005-06 before being called up to the AHL and went on to become one of 21 players to play for the Gladiators and then move on to play in the NHL. The undrafted forward out of the University of Alabama-Huntsville skated in 394 AHL games and posted 298 points (100g, 198a) for Chicago, Philadelphia (Phantoms) and Adirondack. Ross last played in 2015-16 in the DEL, the top league in Germany, for ERC Ingolstadt.
The 16th season of Atlanta Gladiators hockey continues at the Infinite Energy Arena Wednesday, December 19th, against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits at 7:35 PM. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 12, 2018
- Shootout Victory Gives Rays Fourth Straight Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Taylor's Two Goals Power Kalamazoo Past Brampton - Brampton Beast
- Shorthanded Glads Earn Hard Fought Point in Shootout Loss to Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Houser Backstops 'Clones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Big Second Period Leads the Railers to a 3-2 Home Win over Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Fast Start Leads Cyclones Past Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Taylor Nets 200th ECHL Goal as K-Wings Top Beast 4-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Punish Americans in the Third - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Drop Monarchs, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Growlers Capsize Mariners 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Swept in St. John's - Maine Mariners
- Zach Nastasiuk, Jeremy Helvig Return to Everblades from Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Steve McParland Returns to Idaho from Loan - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - December 12 - ECHL
- D Steve Johnson Signs PTO with Hershey - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Announces Three Roster Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Alex Kile Returned on Loan from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Tulsa Oilers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans Face Wheeling Tonight in Kelly Cup Finals Rematch - Allen Americans
- Nailers vs. Americans Game Day Snap Shot, December 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Glads Sign Former NHLer Jared Ross - Atlanta Gladiators
- Krushelnyski Recalled from Loan by Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Steelheads Begin Three-Game Set Wednesday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brian Ward Recalled to AHL's Binghamton Devils - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Day: Midweek Tilt Takes K-Wings to Brampton - Kalamazoo Wings
- Ernst, Schneider to Rejoin Mavericks - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.