Game Day Capsule: Allen at Idaho
ALLEN AMERICANS GAME CAPSULE 12/4/19
Last 10: 6-2-2-0
ALLEN TEAM LEADERS
Goals: Gabe Gagne, 9
Assists: Spencer Asuchak, 11
Points: Alex Guptill and Gabe Gagne, 17
+/-: Alex Guptill, +14
PIM: Spencer Asuchak, 24
Last 10: 4-5-0-1
IDAHO TEAM LEADERS
Goals: Wil Merchant, 9
Assists: Marc-Olivier Roy, 17
Points: Marc-Olivier Roy, 20
+/-: Brady Norrish, +8
PIM: Colton Saucerman, 46
Allen Americans (14-4-2-0; 30 pts) at Idaho Steelheads (11-7-2-2; 26 pts)
The Allen Americans and Idaho Steelheads are meeting for the 4th time this season. Allen is 2-1-0 against the Steelheads. In Allen's only loss to Idaho this season, the Americans blew a 3-0 lead. The Steelheads are under .500 in their last 10 games, with a record of 4-5-0-1. Tonight, is the first of the three games this week between the two teams.
Last Game - Allen Americans:
The Allen Americans jumped out to a 2-0 lead against Tulsa, only to give up five unanswered goals in a 5-2 loss last Sunday. Tyler Sheehy (8) and Gabe Gagne (9) had the goals for Allen. Jake Paterson got the start and took the loss. The Americans had eight power play opportunities and scored just one time.
Topping the List:
Americans forward Jordan Topping, who has missed the last couple games, is expected to make his return to the Allen lineup this week. In 18 games with the Americans this season, Jordan Topping has five goals and six assists for 11 points.
Allen Americans Rookie Defenseman Jack Sadek was named co-recipient of the Plus Performer of the Month for November.
Tonight is the first of five meetings between Allen and Idaho this month, in Boise.
Alex Guptill has points in five of his last seven games (6 goals and 2 assists).
Idaho lost two of three at home to Rapid City last week. Their only victory in the 3-game series came in overtime last Wednesday.
Marc-Olivier Roy has a 3-game point streak, and points in four of his last five games.
Idaho is 8-2-0 when scoring the first goal.
Allen Rookie Goalie Dereck Baribeau, who was called up by the Minnesota Wild and assigned to Iowa (AHL) earlier this month, won his first American Hockey League start last Sunday in San Antonio.
Kayle Doetzel did not make the road trip to Idaho. He remains back in Allen dealing with an upper body injury.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 5, 2019
- IceMen Earn Another Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss at Orlando - Jacksonville IceMen
- Kessel Lifts Solar Bears to 4-3 OT Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Acquire Sakellaropoulos from Norfolk - Rapid City Rush
- Strong Second Period Propels into to 2-1 Win - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Fall Despite Late Offensive Onslaught - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forward Tye Felhaber Assigned to Steelheads from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Sakellaropoulous Traded to the Rapid City Rush - Norfolk Admirals
- Bakersfield Loans Desharnais to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Lightning Reassign Huntington to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - December 5 - ECHL
- 'Blades Trade for Goaltender, Receive Maclise Back from AHL Loan - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Utah Grizzlies Teddy Bear Toss 2019 Friday - Utah Grizzlies
- Marcinew, MacPherson Recalled by Springfield - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gaudreau Loaned to Reading from Stockton - Reading Royals
- Atlanta's Late Rally Falls Short against 'Rays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Quenneville Named Victoria's Garden Player of the Month - Rapid City Rush
- 2020 Warrior ECHL All-Star Classic to be Televised Nationally Live on NHL Network - Wichita Thunder
- 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic to be Televised Nationally Live on NHL Network - ECHL
- Sean Day Reassigned to Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Game Day Capsule: Allen at Idaho - Allen Americans
- Americans Hold on for 6-4 Win in Idaho - Allen Americans
- Early Goals Set Back Steelheads in 6-4 Loss to Americans - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.