'Blades Trade for Goaltender, Receive Maclise Back from AHL Loan
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Everblades have acquired goaltender Chris Nell from the Adirondack Thunder in exchange for future considerations, Everblades head coach Brad Ralph announced on Thursday.
In addition to that transaction, forward Cam Maclise has been returned to the Everblades from his loan to the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
Nell, 25, has played in five ECHL games this season, splitting time between the Greenville Swamp Rabbits (3 GP) and the Adirondack Thunder (2 GP). He has logged a 1-4-0 record with a .848 save percentage and 4.72 goals-against average this season.
A third-year pro, Nell has played in 56 career ECHL games since making his debut in the league in the 2017-18 campaign, compiling a 21-31-2 record, a .895 save percentage, a 3.41 GAA and two shutouts in that span. He has also appeared in 24 career AHL games, all of which have come with the Hartford Wolf Pack. Nell has a career record of 10-11-0 in the AHL along with a .894 save percentage and a 3.18 GAA.
Prior to turning pro at the end of the 2016-17 season, Nell played three seasons for Bowling Green State University, where he posted a stellar career GAA of 2.19 and a save percentage of .918 in 84 appearances from 2014-17. The Green Bay, Wisconsin, native had his best campaign as a sophomore in 2015-16 and saw action in a career-high 37 games en route to posting career-best marks for GAA (1.90) and save percentage (.930). He finished with a career record of 41-29-10 at BGSU.
In his first season with the Everblades and third year as a pro, Maclise has played in 20 of Florida's 21 games this season, totaling 11 points on four goals and seven assists. He is second on the team with four multi-point games.
A native of Lacombe, Alberta, Maclise has split his pro career between the ECHL and AHL ranks. He has suited up in 105 career AHL contests and has recorded nine goals and 11 assists. Maclise has tabbed 20 goals and 17 assists in 67 career ECHL games.
Following a season-long nine-day road trip, the Everblades return to Hertz Arena for a two-game home set with the South Carolina Stingrays on Friday and Saturday. Faceoff is set for 7:30 p.m. in the series opener on Friday.
Blades 365 Memberships are still on sale for the 2019-20 season! Get great seat locations, big savings and exclusive year-round experiences with a full season, 24-game or 12-game Blades 365 Membership!
Images from this story
Goaltender Chris Nell with the Adirondack Thunder
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 5, 2019
- IceMen Earn Another Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss at Orlando - Jacksonville IceMen
- Kessel Lifts Solar Bears to 4-3 OT Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Acquire Sakellaropoulos from Norfolk - Rapid City Rush
- Strong Second Period Propels into to 2-1 Win - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Fall Despite Late Offensive Onslaught - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forward Tye Felhaber Assigned to Steelheads from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Sakellaropoulous Traded to the Rapid City Rush - Norfolk Admirals
- Bakersfield Loans Desharnais to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Lightning Reassign Huntington to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - December 5 - ECHL
- 'Blades Trade for Goaltender, Receive Maclise Back from AHL Loan - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Utah Grizzlies Teddy Bear Toss 2019 Friday - Utah Grizzlies
- Marcinew, MacPherson Recalled by Springfield - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gaudreau Loaned to Reading from Stockton - Reading Royals
- Atlanta's Late Rally Falls Short against 'Rays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Quenneville Named Victoria's Garden Player of the Month - Rapid City Rush
- 2020 Warrior ECHL All-Star Classic to be Televised Nationally Live on NHL Network - Wichita Thunder
- 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic to be Televised Nationally Live on NHL Network - ECHL
- Sean Day Reassigned to Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Game Day Capsule: Allen at Idaho - Allen Americans
- Americans Hold on for 6-4 Win in Idaho - Allen Americans
- Early Goals Set Back Steelheads in 6-4 Loss to Americans - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- 'Blades Defenseman Logan Roe Wins MVP of ECHL All-Star Classic
- 'Blades Weekly: Return Home Brings Pair of South Division Foes
- AHL's Charlotte Checkers Recall Sheppard from Loan to 'Blades
- Opening Statement: Strong First Pushes 'Blades Past K-Wings
- Forward Zach Magwood Reassigned to Everblades from AHL's Admirals