2020 Warrior ECHL All-Star Classic to be Televised Nationally Live on NHL Network
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced on Thursday that the 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic presented by Toyota will air LIVE exclusively on NHL Network on Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2020, at 8 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. CT from INTRUST Bank Arena in Wichita, Kansas.
Following the format established last season, the Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic will feature a 3-on-3 tournament with four teams competing for the top spot. The host Wichita Thunder will make up two of the four teams and face-off against the other two teams made up of All-Star players from the Eastern and Western Conference. These four teams will compete in a 3-on-3 tournament with rally scoring in order to crown a winner. The 2020 Kansas Star Casino/ECHL All-Star Skills Competition will take place in between rounds of the tournament, with results counting towards the cumulative score.
"Building off all of the positive feedback and success we had with this format last year, we look forward to showcasing our players again to a national audience on NHL Network," said ECHL Commissioner Ryan Crelin. "This game allows our players and fans to have a lot of fun with the event and to showcase the development of players in our League."
This presentation of the Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic marks the fourth consecutive year the ECHL and NHL Network, the TV home for the National Hockey League, have worked together to air the game live in the United States. For local channel listings, go to www.NHLNetwork.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 5, 2019
- IceMen Earn Another Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss at Orlando - Jacksonville IceMen
- Kessel Lifts Solar Bears to 4-3 OT Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Acquire Sakellaropoulos from Norfolk - Rapid City Rush
- Strong Second Period Propels into to 2-1 Win - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Fall Despite Late Offensive Onslaught - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forward Tye Felhaber Assigned to Steelheads from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Sakellaropoulous Traded to the Rapid City Rush - Norfolk Admirals
- Bakersfield Loans Desharnais to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Lightning Reassign Huntington to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - December 5 - ECHL
- 'Blades Trade for Goaltender, Receive Maclise Back from AHL Loan - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Utah Grizzlies Teddy Bear Toss 2019 Friday - Utah Grizzlies
- Marcinew, MacPherson Recalled by Springfield - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gaudreau Loaned to Reading from Stockton - Reading Royals
- Atlanta's Late Rally Falls Short against 'Rays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Quenneville Named Victoria's Garden Player of the Month - Rapid City Rush
- 2020 Warrior ECHL All-Star Classic to be Televised Nationally Live on NHL Network - Wichita Thunder
- 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic to be Televised Nationally Live on NHL Network - ECHL
- Sean Day Reassigned to Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Game Day Capsule: Allen at Idaho - Allen Americans
- Americans Hold on for 6-4 Win in Idaho - Allen Americans
- Early Goals Set Back Steelheads in 6-4 Loss to Americans - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.