Forward Kris Hogg Returns to the Mavericks
Independence, MO (January 5, 2015)- The Missouri Mavericks announced on Monday that the team has signed forward Kris Hogg to a standard player contract, details of the contract were not disclosed per team policy. In addition, it was announced that forward Evan Vossen has been traded to the Indy Fuel for future consideration and defenseman Brendan Rempel has been placed on season-ending injured reserve.
Hogg, 28, returns to Independence for his second stint with the Mavericks. He will wear number 8 for the Mavs.
The Sicamous, British Columbia native played 50 regular season games with the team during his rookie season (2011-12) and also dressed in 11 post-season contests combining to score 15 goals with 17 assists (32 points).
The 5-11, 179-pound forward was a fourth round draft selection of the Calgary Flames in the 2004 NHL Draft in the midst of a successful junior career in the Western Hockey League (WHL). In 339 career WHL games, Hogg scored 107 goals and 88 assists (195 points) while seeing action with Kamloops and Lethbridge.
After his time in the WHL, Hogg attended Lakehead University and played 102 games in his four seasons.
After the 2011-12 season with Missouri, Hogg played in Europe with the Fife Flyers (EIHL) where he had a great offensive season with 27 goals and 30 assists in 51 games. He then returned to North America to play for the Utah Grizzlies (ECHL) where he finished with 22 points (12-1022) in 55 games.
The Missouri Mavericks traded forward Evan Vossen to the Indy Fuel in exchange for future considerations Monday afternoon. The Swift Current, Saskatchewan native played 137 games in a Mavericks sweater since signing with the Mavs in 2012.
Rempel played in eight games with the Mavericks after starting the season in Greenville. In 14 games this season, the 23-year-old had one assist.
Missouri is back in action on Tuesday night in game two of their three-game home stand when they host the Central Division leading Allen Americans at Independence Events Center. Face-off is scheduled for 7:05 PM (CST). The final game of the home stand will be Friday against the Evansville IceMen.
Tickets are available online at TicketMaster.com and in-person at the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office at IEC. Fans can purchase two-for-one tickets by entering promo code "CHOPPER" online or by presenting their Price Chopper "Chopper Shopper" card in-person at the Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 5, 2015
- Reign Release Stretch Run Ticket Plan - Ontario Reign
- Devellano to Serve as Keynote Speaker at 2015 ECHL Hall of Fame Luncheon - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Acquire McAvoy from Elmira - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavericks Announce Hanson Brothers VIP Happy Hour - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Acquire Stroh from Rapid City, Vossen from Missouri - Indy Fuel
- Jackals Send McAvoy to Orlando - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Transactions - January 5 - ECHL
- Forward Kris Hogg Returns to the Mavericks - Kansas City Mavericks
- Country Artist Madeline Smith to Perform at 2015 ECHL All-Star Game - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Trade Stroh to Indy for Cullen - Rapid City Rush
- Reign back in familiar position - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Gladiators and Pirates Swap Goaltenders - Atlanta Gladiators
- Devallano to Serve as Keynote Speaker at 2015 ECHL Hall of Fame Luncheon - ECHL
- Missiaen Returns to Road Warriors Lineup - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Radio Recon's Ready to Put on the Viking Helmet and Belt out a Tune - Reading Royals
- Frozen in Time-The Weekly IceMen Update - Evansville IceMen
- Defenseman Maxim Lamarche Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Lipsbergs Heading Back to WHL - Stockton Thunder
- Jason Missiaen Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Greenville's Missiaen Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Back Home for Three - Utah Grizzlies
- Barnes Named Rookie of the Month - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Barnes Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Komets First to Reach 50 Points in ECHL - Fort Wayne Komets
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Allen's Costello Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Americans Costello Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - Allen Americans
- Binghamton Senators Send Scott Greenham to Evansville - Evansville IceMen
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Roll into New Year After Stellar December - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- What's the Rush? - Rapid City Rush
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.