Dragons Notes for Wednesday
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 l Game # 65 (135)
Dow Diamond l Midland, Mich. l 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (27-37, 55-79) at Great Lakes Loons (36-28, 79-52)
RH Clate Schmidt (1-1, 2.51) vs. RH Jose Chacin (11-7, 4.58)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the first game of a three-game series.
Last Game: Tuesday: Lake County 5, Dayton 3. The Dragons took a 3-1 lead to the bottom of the seventh, only to see Lake County score two in the seventh and two in the eighth to win. Matt Lloyd had a solo home run for Dayton, his second of the series, and Claudio Finol was 2 for 4 with a triple. The Dragons had five extra base hits in the game including doubles by Jay Schuyler, Michael Siani, and Mariel Bautista. Juan Martinez was 0 for 4 as his 11-game hitting streak came to an end.
Juan Martinez had an 11-game hitting streak snapped on Tuesday. Over his last 12 games, he is 15 for 47 (.319) with two home runs. The hitting streak matched the longest of the season by a Dayton player by Randy Ventura.
Michael Siani leads the Midwest League in stolen bases with 42. Two players in Dragons history have led the league in steals. They are Billy Hamilton (2011) and Jose Siri (2017).
Siani over his last 10 games is 14 for 41 (.341) with a home run.
Miguel Hernandez over his last 11 games is 14 for 36 (.389) with six doubles and triple. He is batting .319 in August (23 G).
Morgan Lofstrom over his last 14 games is batting .367 with one home run. He is batting .358 in August (16 G).
Cameron Warren is batting .324 over his last nine games, going 11 for 34.
Matt Lloyd is batting .381 over his last six games, going 8 for 21. He hit two home runs in the series at Lake County.
Adrian Rodriguez in the month of August has posted an ERA of 0.71 in five games (four starts) (25.1 IP, 2 ER). His ERA leads the MWL and the Reds organization for the month among qualified pitchers.
Connor Curlis in the month of August has posted an ERA of 2.05 in five games (four starts) (26.1 IP, 6 ER).
Clate Schmidt in the month of August has posted an ERA of 2.14 in seven games (two starts) (21 IP, 5 ER).
Matt Pidich over his last 29 games: 1.46 ERA, 49.1 IP, 30 H, 16 R, 8 ER, 14 BB, 55 SO.
Eddy Demurias over his last six games: 1.64 ERA, 11 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 8 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Thursday, August 29 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Adrian Rodriguez (6-3, 3.03) at Great Lakes LH Robinson Ortiz (3-5, 4.82)
Friday, August 30 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (3-9, 4.15) at Great Lakes RH Ryan Pepiot (0-0, 2.08)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Cubs Take Step Closer to Playoffs with 13-4 Win over TinCaps - South Bend Cubs
- Stellar Pitching, Four-Run 10th Propel Captains - Lake County Captains
- Four-run Seventh Lifts Chiefs Over Snappers - Peoria Chiefs
- Abreu's Walkoff Double Beats Kane County 3-2 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Beloit falls 9-5 in final road opener of the year - Beloit Snappers
- Jump for Joy - LumberKings are Playoff Bound - Clinton LumberKings
- Bees Shutout By Playoff-Clinching LumberKings - Burlington Bees
- Lugnuts Continue Dominance of Whitecaps - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Fall 5-1 in 10 Innings to Open Series - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Celebration Stalled: Wisconsin Walks off on Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Kernels Win 1-0 with Another Walk-Off - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Lopez Homers in Homestand Opener - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Drop Heartbreaker for Second Straight Night - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Schuyler Home Run, Big Double Plays Key Dragons 5-3 Win in Midland - Dayton Dragons
- Camels Can't Get over Hump - Great Lakes Loons
- MWL Post-Season All-Star Closer Finfrock Promoted to Dunedin - Lansing Lugnuts
- Giveaways abound in LumberKings final homestand in 2019 - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 28 vs. South Bend (Game 133) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Classic Park in Eastlake to Host Free Movie Nights & College Football Watch Party Starting September 14 - Lake County Captains
- Postponed Game at Bowling Green Could be Made up in South Bend on Monday - South Bend Cubs
- Jesus Gonzalez Joins TinCaps as Martinez Departs - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- The South Bend Cubs to Play Their Last Three Regular Season Games over Labor Day Weekend - South Bend Cubs
- Whitecaps Blanked in 2019 Home Finale - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Loons Outlast Lugnuts - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons Special 50/50 Raffle to Benefit COVID-19 Response Fund & African-American Community Fund
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 2: First Basemen