Bees Shutout By Playoff-Clinching LumberKings
Burlington out hit Clinton Wednesday night, but Clinton outscored the Bees, coming away with a 5-0 victory. The win clinched a second half playoff spot for the LumberKings.
There were opportunities for Burlington. They loaded the bases with one out in the second inning on a Justin Jones single, Harrison Wenson hit-by-pitch and a Ryan Vega single. That is the way they stayed. Alvaro Rubalcaba struck out swinging, and Johan Sala flew out to center.
In the next frame, Livan Soto walked and Adrian Rondon singled to right. A strike out, fly out and another strikeout ended that threat.
All in all, Burlington left 11 runners on base, going 2-10 with runners in scoring position.
The Bees' pitchers had not allowed a hit for 20.1 innings, until a Marcos Rivera single to right stopped the streak.
The LumberKings scored in the fourth on an infield single, followed by a triple by Davis Bradshaw. He subsequently scored on a ground out.
Clinton scored again in the fifth. This time, on a towering solo home run to right by first baseman Evan Edwards.
They scored again in the seventh on a walk, another triple and a single.
Cole Duensing took the loss, his seventh of the year.
Adrian Rondon was 3-5 on the night.
Images from this story
Justin Jones of the Burlington Bees heads to first
(Bees Media Relations)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Cubs Take Step Closer to Playoffs with 13-4 Win over TinCaps - South Bend Cubs
- Stellar Pitching, Four-Run 10th Propel Captains - Lake County Captains
- Four-run Seventh Lifts Chiefs Over Snappers - Peoria Chiefs
- Abreu's Walkoff Double Beats Kane County 3-2 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Beloit falls 9-5 in final road opener of the year - Beloit Snappers
- Jump for Joy - LumberKings are Playoff Bound - Clinton LumberKings
- Bees Shutout By Playoff-Clinching LumberKings - Burlington Bees
- Lugnuts Continue Dominance of Whitecaps - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Fall 5-1 in 10 Innings to Open Series - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Celebration Stalled: Wisconsin Walks off on Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Kernels Win 1-0 with Another Walk-Off - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Lopez Homers in Homestand Opener - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Drop Heartbreaker for Second Straight Night - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Schuyler Home Run, Big Double Plays Key Dragons 5-3 Win in Midland - Dayton Dragons
- Camels Can't Get over Hump - Great Lakes Loons
- MWL Post-Season All-Star Closer Finfrock Promoted to Dunedin - Lansing Lugnuts
- Giveaways abound in LumberKings final homestand in 2019 - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 28 vs. South Bend (Game 133) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Classic Park in Eastlake to Host Free Movie Nights & College Football Watch Party Starting September 14 - Lake County Captains
- Postponed Game at Bowling Green Could be Made up in South Bend on Monday - South Bend Cubs
- Jesus Gonzalez Joins TinCaps as Martinez Departs - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- The South Bend Cubs to Play Their Last Three Regular Season Games over Labor Day Weekend - South Bend Cubs
- Whitecaps Blanked in 2019 Home Finale - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Loons Outlast Lugnuts - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.