Postponed Game at Bowling Green Could be Made up in South Bend on Monday
SOUTH BEND, IN - On Tuesday night, the South Bend Cubs game against the Bowling Green Hot Rods in Bowling Green, KY was postponed due to rain. As this game may have playoff implications, it could be made up during the final series at Four Winds Field.
As of today (August 28) the Hot Rods have a four-game lead in the 2nd half Eastern Division race. South Bend currently sits in the 2nd half Wild Card spot with Lansing 3.5 games behind.
Should the Cubs catch Bowling Green in the division standings and the postponed game need to be played, the make-up game would be played on Monday, September 2 as part of a 7-inning doubleheader. Gates would still open at 1:00 p.m. and first pitch of game one would begin at 2:05 p.m. with game two beginning roughly 30 minutes after the conclusion of game one. A ticket to Monday's game will get you into both games.
The South Bend Cubs return to Four Winds Field to play the final series against the Bowling Green Hot Rods on Saturday. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. and first pitch is set for 7:05 p.m. It's Fan Appreciation Night with a 55-inch flat screen TV given away every inning and a special fireworks show following the game. Lawn tickets are available at the South Bend Cubs Box Office, by calling (574) 235-9988.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Cubs Take Step Closer to Playoffs with 13-4 Win over TinCaps - South Bend Cubs
- Stellar Pitching, Four-Run 10th Propel Captains - Lake County Captains
- Four-run Seventh Lifts Chiefs Over Snappers - Peoria Chiefs
- Abreu's Walkoff Double Beats Kane County 3-2 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Beloit falls 9-5 in final road opener of the year - Beloit Sky Carp
- Jump for Joy - LumberKings are Playoff Bound - Clinton LumberKings
- Bees Shutout By Playoff-Clinching LumberKings - Burlington Bees
- Lugnuts Continue Dominance of Whitecaps - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Fall 5-1 in 10 Innings to Open Series - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Celebration Stalled: Wisconsin Walks off on Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Kernels Win 1-0 with Another Walk-Off - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Lopez Homers in Homestand Opener - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Drop Heartbreaker for Second Straight Night - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Schuyler Home Run, Big Double Plays Key Dragons 5-3 Win in Midland - Dayton Dragons
- Camels Can't Get over Hump - Great Lakes Loons
- MWL Post-Season All-Star Closer Finfrock Promoted to Dunedin - Lansing Lugnuts
- Giveaways abound in LumberKings final homestand in 2019 - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 28 vs. South Bend (Game 133) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Classic Park in Eastlake to Host Free Movie Nights & College Football Watch Party Starting September 14 - Lake County Captains
- Postponed Game at Bowling Green Could be Made up in South Bend on Monday - South Bend Cubs
- Jesus Gonzalez Joins TinCaps as Martinez Departs - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- The South Bend Cubs to Play Their Last Three Regular Season Games over Labor Day Weekend - South Bend Cubs
- Whitecaps Blanked in 2019 Home Finale - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Loons Outlast Lugnuts - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bend Cubs Stories
- South Bend Cubs Black Friday Ticket Packages on Sale November 26
- Cubs Den Team Store Announces Holiday Sale Schedule
- Cubs Offer Ticket Package Celebrating Ten Year Anniversary
- Celebrating a Decade of Big Developments
- South Bend Cubs Announce Game Times for 2022 Season