Cyclones Put up Six in Win over Wings
Cincinnati, OH - After a 9-2 win on Wednesday, the Cyclones picked up where they left off, scoring the game's first four goals en route to a 6-2 win over the Kalamazoo Wings Friday night inside Heritage Bank Center.
The Cyclones have won three straight games and sit 9-5 on the season. Kalamazoo falls to 7-5 on the year. The teams rematch Saturday evening at Wings Event Center.
- For the second game in a row, the Cyclones struck three times in the first period. It started on a drive by Yushiroh Hirano atop the blue line when the Japanese talent was found on a pass from Wyatt Ege. Cyclones' Captain Justin Vaive then found a puck in-between the dots for a goal less than two minutes after Hirano's tally. At 13:22 of the first, Patrick Polino walked to the front of the net to rip a shot by Wings' goaltender Trevor Gorsuch.
- Jesse Schultz scored on a breakaway midway through the middle period when he was stretched for a pass by Lukas Craggs. Schultz now has points in four of his last five games. Cyclones goaltender Mat Robson earned his first assist of the season on the goal.
- A late period goal by Logan Lambdin allowed the Wings to get on the board, making it 4-1. Cincinnati began the third period with Vaive and Dominic Franco each in the penalty box, allowing the Wings, the ECHL's third ranked power play, over a minute of 5-on-3 time. The Cyclones managed to kill both penalties and killed all five man down situations faced. Lambdin's goal ended a streak of 10 unanswered Cyclones goals, including six from Wednesday.
- Kalamazoo got within two goals 9:53 into the third when Giovanni Vallati slammed home a puck that was loose in front.
- The K-Wings were awarded a final power play when Craggs was called for slashing at 12:22 of the third. After killing the penalty, Craggs jumped out of the box, then received a pass inside the right circle to bang home his second goal of the season and put the 'Clones back up by a trio of goals. Mason Mitchell collected a Matt McLeod pass ahead of the play for a goal in the final minute of the game, giving Cincinnati the 6-2 win.
- Mat Robson improved to 7-3 on the season, as the first-year Cyclone made 23 saves in what was his ninth game started in the last 11 the team has played.
Stay tuned all season for updates on important events, player signings, promotion and ticketing information and MORE! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 26, 2021
- Rush Storm Back, Beat Mavericks in OT, 4-3 - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Put up Six in Win over Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gazzola Nets Game-Winner as Walleye Beat Fuel in Overtime - Toledo Walleye
- Lions Romp in a 9-1 Blowout - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Nailers Offense Cooking in Coralville - Wheeling Nailers
- Khovanov Scores Twice, Landers Drop Friday vs. Wheeling - Iowa Heartlanders
- Icemen Erase Two-Goal Deficit to Defeat Blades - Florida Everblades
- Walleye Knock off the Fuel in Overtime - Indy Fuel
- Railers Set Franchise Record in 8-1 Victory Over Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Stingrays Fall in OT Stunner - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Grounded in Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cooper Scores in Big Loss to Lions - Reading Royals
- Growlers Sink the Mariners 4-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Doubled up by Growlers, 4-2 - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Claims Netminder Theut off Waivers - Wichita Thunder
- Thunder Continues Homestand Tonight vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Tristin Langan Returns to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - November 26 - ECHL
- Admirals Name Billy Johnson New President - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Notes: at Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Everblades at Icemen, November 26, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Royals Seek Revenge in Quebec on Black Friday at Lions, Trade for Ryan Roth - Reading Royals
- Lions and Royals: Game Two of Three Tonight at the Colisée Vidéotron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Everblades Look to Rebound Tonight in Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- Icemen Edge Everblades in Shootout - Jacksonville Icemen
- Hora Signs PTO with Charlotte Checkers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.