Colorado Eagles Outlast Iowa Wild, 2-1
November 26, 2022 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Iowa Wild News Release
LOVELAND, Colo. - The Iowa Wild nearly came out on top of a defensive struggle against the Colorado Eagles Saturday afternoon, but Jean-Luc Foudy broke a third-period deadlock to give Colorado a 2-1 victory. Jesper Wallstedt saved 28-of-30 shots in defeat.
Iowa opened the scoring at 7:11 of the first period with a power play marker. Following a net-front scramble, Joseph Cramarossa shoveled a loose puck past Jonas Johansson (29 saves) to give the Wild 1-0 lead. Ty Ronning and Ben Finkelstein picked up assists on the play.
The Wild trailed 12-9 in shots heading into the first intermission but held a 1-0 advantage on the scoreboard.
Colorado knotted the game at 1-1 on a late second period power play when Charles Hudon fired a one-timer across the grain and over the blocker of Wallstedt at 19:23.
The Eagles led the shot count 21-20 after 40 minutes of play.
Foudy gave the Eagles the 2-1 lead when he followed up the rebound of his own wrister at 4:40 of the third period.
Iowa scrambled to equalize in the closing minutes, but Johansson turned aside all 10 shots he faced in the third period.
Iowa and Colorado each totaled 30 shots and went 1-for-3 on the man advantage.
The Wild travel to Tech CU Arena on Tuesday, Nov. 29 to face the San Jose Barracuda at 9:00 p.m. CST.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2022
- Reign fall to Roadrunners - Ontario Reign
- Antoine Bibeau Shines in Belleville Sens' Victory - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Dominate Amerks 5-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Oskari Salminen Finishes With 24 Saves In Victory - Manitoba Moose
- Texas Completes Two-Game Road Sweep Over Chicago - Texas Stars
- Manitoba's Power-Play Takes Down Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Stumble Against Phantoms In Weekend Finale - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Defeated by Stars 5-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Another Late Comeback Caps Pens' 3-2 Shootout Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dylan Garand Makes Career-High 38 Saves, But Wolf Pack Fall 1-0 in Shootout to Bears - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sikura Tallies Twice; Hogs Split Weekend with Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Prevail In 1-0 Shootout Win Over Wolf Pack - Hershey Bears
- Toporowski's Hat-Trick and Wagner's Overtime Winner Lead P-Bruins to 6-5 Victory Over Crunch - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Topped by Bruins, 6-5, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Afanasyev Scores Two in Admirals' Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sikura Tallies Twice, Hogs Split Weekend With Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds' Hard-Fought Effort Earns Point vs. Penguins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Sign Defenseman Jalen Smereck to PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- Comets Holtz Lifts Team In Overtime Over Checkers, 3-2 - Utica Comets
- Colorado Eagles Outlast Iowa Wild, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Colorado Rallies for Sixth-Straight Win in 2-1 Triumph Over Iowa - Colorado Eagles
- San Diego Gulls Reassign Goaltender Daniel Mannella to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Greaves Backs Monsters to 5-1 Win Over Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Colorado Eagles Recall Forward Tarun Fizer - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Eye Weekend Split in Rematch vs. Bears at XL Center - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Colorado Eagles - Iowa Wild
- NHL Veteran Alex Chiasson Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Brenden Miller to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #16 - Roadrunners at Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Surging Hogs Offense Heads to Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Sikura, Hogs Snap Admirals' Streak - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.