Sikura, Hogs Snap Admirals' Streak
November 26, 2022 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Rockford IceHogs News Release
Rockford, Ill. - On the heels of a seven-goal performance, the red-hot Rockford IceHogs offense dropped six more on the first place Milwaukee Admirals in a 6-4 win at the BMO Center on Friday night. Forward Dylan Sikura lit the lamp twice in the third period to help the Hogs pull away with their third straight victory.
Down 3-2 in the third period, IceHogs forward Lukas Reichel caught a stretch pass from Adam Clendening and skated down the left side to fire a blast past Admirals netminder Devin Cooley at 3:41 to start the offensive surge. Taking a 4-3 lead for their first lead of the night and scoring one of the three back-to-back-to-back power play goals between the two teams, Reichel batted a pass to Sikura in the right circle to launch a one-timer over Cooley at 6:48.
The Hog's allowed Cole Schneider and the Admirals to score their second power play goal of the night at 9:32 and tie the score 4-4 before Rockford forward Brett Seney took back the lead with a blast from the slot at 12:18, making it 5-4. Sealing the Admirals' defeat, Sikura sent a wrister from the high slot behind Cooley at 16:56 to secure the Hogs' 6-4 win and his fourth goal of the season.
The IceHogs have now won five of their last six games and have scored four or more goals in 10 of their last 12 outings.
There wasn't a slow start to the introductory period as both teams combined for five goals to start the night. The Admirals jumped out to an early 1-0 lead as forward Tommy Novak punched in a rebound on Rockford goaltender Dylan Wells at 2:16, but IceHogs forward Cole Guttman cut that lead with a wrist shot over the back shoulder of Cooley on the advantage at 2:45 to even the score at 1-1.
Scoring for the second time, Novak retook the lead for Milwaukee at 6:40 before IceHogs forward Bobby Lynch slid through the left circle and lit the lamp off a rebound from Carson Gicewicz at 9:54 to even the score at 2-2. Nearing the end of the period, the Admirals marked their own power play tally as Cole Schneider knocked the puck in at 12:33 to make it 3-2 heading into the middle intermission.
Wells faced 28 shots and totaled 24 saves to earn the win while Cooley marked 36 saves and the loss. The IceHogs outshot the Admirals 42-28 and went 3-5 on the man advantage.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2022
- Reign fall to Roadrunners - Ontario Reign
- Antoine Bibeau Shines in Belleville Sens' Victory - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Dominate Amerks 5-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Oskari Salminen Finishes With 24 Saves In Victory - Manitoba Moose
- Texas Completes Two-Game Road Sweep Over Chicago - Texas Stars
- Manitoba's Power-Play Takes Down Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Stumble Against Phantoms In Weekend Finale - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Defeated by Stars 5-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Another Late Comeback Caps Pens' 3-2 Shootout Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dylan Garand Makes Career-High 38 Saves, But Wolf Pack Fall 1-0 in Shootout to Bears - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sikura Tallies Twice; Hogs Split Weekend with Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Prevail In 1-0 Shootout Win Over Wolf Pack - Hershey Bears
- Toporowski's Hat-Trick and Wagner's Overtime Winner Lead P-Bruins to 6-5 Victory Over Crunch - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Topped by Bruins, 6-5, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Afanasyev Scores Two in Admirals' Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sikura Tallies Twice, Hogs Split Weekend With Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds' Hard-Fought Effort Earns Point vs. Penguins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Sign Defenseman Jalen Smereck to PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- Comets Holtz Lifts Team In Overtime Over Checkers, 3-2 - Utica Comets
- Colorado Eagles Outlast Iowa Wild, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Colorado Rallies for Sixth-Straight Win in 2-1 Triumph Over Iowa - Colorado Eagles
- San Diego Gulls Reassign Goaltender Daniel Mannella to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Greaves Backs Monsters to 5-1 Win Over Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Colorado Eagles Recall Forward Tarun Fizer - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Eye Weekend Split in Rematch vs. Bears at XL Center - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Colorado Eagles - Iowa Wild
- NHL Veteran Alex Chiasson Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Brenden Miller to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #16 - Roadrunners at Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Surging Hogs Offense Heads to Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Sikura, Hogs Snap Admirals' Streak - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.