Surging Hogs Offense Heads to Milwaukee
November 26, 2022 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Rockford IceHogs News Release
Milwaukee, Wis. - The Rockford IceHogs battle the Milwaukee Admirals on the back end of a home-and-home series between the division rivals at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena at 6 p.m. tonight.
2022-23 Season Records
Rockford: 9-6-0-1, 19 points (3rd, Central Division)
Milwaukee: 11-5-0-0, 22 points (1st, Central Division)
Players to Watch
Forward Brett Seney (10G, 13A) paces the IceHogs in points, and forward Dylan Sikura marked a two goal night and tallied his fourth goal of the season on Friday.
Milwaukee forwards Tommy Novak and Cole Schneider both scored twice against the IceHogs while Schneider's both came on the advantage on Friday night.
Last Game Highlights: How the Turns Have Tabled
Flipping the script on the Admirals 6-4 win over the IceHogs on Nov. 2, the red-hot IceHogs offense snapped Milwaukee's four-game win streak and dropped their own 6-4 win on the Admirals. Forward Dylan Sikura tallied a pair of lamp lighters in the third period while forwards Cole Guttman, Bobby Lynch, Lukas Reichel, and Brett Seney stuffed six goals past Milwaukee's goalie. Dylan Wells cleaned up all the leftovers with 24 saves and sent the Admirals packing.
Back-to-Back (At It Again)
The IceHogs have played opposing teams back-to-back three times this season. Rockford has split each series: a 5-4 overtime win and 4-0 loss against the Manitoba Moose on opening weekend, a 3-2 loss on Nov. 12 and 5-4 win on Nov. 13 in Texas versus the Stars, and finally a 4-3 loss on Nov. 18 and 4-3 win on Nov. 19 against the Chicago Wolves. Tonight marks the IceHogs' second home-and-home series of the 2022-23 campaign, and the Hogs and Admirals will face-off back-to-back twice more this season on Feb. 10 and 11 and Apr. 7 and 8.
Going, Going, GOOAALL
The IceHogs and Admirals enter play tonight as two of the most prolific offenses in the AHL. After Rockford's 6-4 win last night in Rockford, the Hogs have tallied 66 goals in 16 games (4.125 per game) while the Admirals have notched 64 goals in 16 games (4.00 per games). The two games between the Central Division rivals have totaled 20 goals with each team lighting the lamp 10 times each.
More Offensive Notes
Scoring 57 goals in the last 12 games (4.75 per game), the IceHogs have gone 8-3-0-1.
Hogs on the Move
The Chicago Blackhawks announced on Thursday that they have assigned defenseman Ian Mitchell to the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League. Additionally, the IceHogs have assigned goaltender Mitchell Weeks to the Indy Fuel of the ECHL. Mitchell has appeared in two games with the Blackhawks this season. He has also skated in three games with the IceHogs, posting five points (2G, 3A). Weeks has appeared in five games for the IceHogs and holds a 3-1 record with 2.95 goals against average and .909 save percentage.
Join the Screw City IceHogs on Friday, Dec. 9 against the Iowa Wild!
To honor the region's rich manufacturing history and the uniqueness of the "Screw City" nickname long associated with Rockford, the Rockford IceHogs will become the Screw City IceHogs on Friday, Dec. 9. Preorder a Screw City IceHogs replica jersey online now, and an additional line of Screw City merchandise will be available to purchase in the IceHogs team store at the BMO Center starting at the Dec. 9 game. Get tickets for the Screw City IceHogs game and learn more about the Screw City IceHogs at IceHogs.com/ScrewCity.
Tune In LIVE on the IceHogs Broadcast Network Presented by BMO
Watch and listen to every game this season on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO! Listen from your favorite device, at home, or on the road at IceHogs.com and on the IceHogs app and watch LIVE on AHLTV and selected games on 23.3 Circle TV! Fans can also tune in on all of Mid-West Family's local stations including 104.9 The X, B103, 95.3 The Bull, and Rockford Greatest Hits 100.5 and featured on Rock River Current, the Stateline's premiere source for local events, news and culture.
2022-23 Head-to-Head Schedule (all times Central):
Wed., Nov. 2 vs. Milwaukee, 10:30 a.m. 6-4 L, Recap & Highlights
Fri., Nov. 25 vs. Milwaukee, 7:00 p.m. 6-4 W, Recap & Highlights
Sat., Nov. 26 at Milwaukee, 6:00 p.m.
Wed., Dec. 7 vs. Milwaukee, 7:00 p.m.
Fri., Jan, 27 at Milwaukee, 7:00 p.m.
Fri., Feb. 10 at Milwaukee, 7:00 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 11 vs. Milwaukee, 7:00 p.m.
Fri., Apr. 7 at Milwaukee, 7:00 p.m.
Sat., Apr. 8 vs. Milwaukee, 7:00 p.m.
Sun., Apr. 16 at Milwaukee, 5:00 p.m.
IceHogs vs. Admirals, All-Time
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2022
- Reign fall to Roadrunners - Ontario Reign
- Antoine Bibeau Shines in Belleville Sens' Victory - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Dominate Amerks 5-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Oskari Salminen Finishes With 24 Saves In Victory - Manitoba Moose
- Texas Completes Two-Game Road Sweep Over Chicago - Texas Stars
- Manitoba's Power-Play Takes Down Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Stumble Against Phantoms In Weekend Finale - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Defeated by Stars 5-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Another Late Comeback Caps Pens' 3-2 Shootout Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dylan Garand Makes Career-High 38 Saves, But Wolf Pack Fall 1-0 in Shootout to Bears - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sikura Tallies Twice; Hogs Split Weekend with Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Prevail In 1-0 Shootout Win Over Wolf Pack - Hershey Bears
- Toporowski's Hat-Trick and Wagner's Overtime Winner Lead P-Bruins to 6-5 Victory Over Crunch - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Topped by Bruins, 6-5, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Afanasyev Scores Two in Admirals' Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sikura Tallies Twice, Hogs Split Weekend With Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds' Hard-Fought Effort Earns Point vs. Penguins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Sign Defenseman Jalen Smereck to PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- Comets Holtz Lifts Team In Overtime Over Checkers, 3-2 - Utica Comets
- Colorado Eagles Outlast Iowa Wild, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Colorado Rallies for Sixth-Straight Win in 2-1 Triumph Over Iowa - Colorado Eagles
- San Diego Gulls Reassign Goaltender Daniel Mannella to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Greaves Backs Monsters to 5-1 Win Over Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Colorado Eagles Recall Forward Tarun Fizer - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Eye Weekend Split in Rematch vs. Bears at XL Center - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Colorado Eagles - Iowa Wild
- NHL Veteran Alex Chiasson Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Brenden Miller to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #16 - Roadrunners at Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Surging Hogs Offense Heads to Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Sikura, Hogs Snap Admirals' Streak - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.