Sikura Tallies Twice; Hogs Split Weekend with Admirals
November 26, 2022 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Rockford IceHogs News Release
Milwaukee, Wis. - Unable to complete a comeback at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, the Rockford IceHogs split the home-and-home series with the Milwaukee Admirals after falling 5-3 on Saturday night. Forward Dylan Sikura marked his third two-goal night of the season against the Admirals.
After evening the score in the middle frame and emptying the net in favor of an extra attacker in the final stanza, the IceHogs couldn't light the lamp against the Admirals and dropped the 5-3 contest.
Similar to Rockford's Friday night victory, the first period saw five goals to start the night. The Admirals leapt out to an early 3-0 lead as Milwaukee forward Egor Afanasyev slapped the puck in at 2:19, forward Cole Schneider lit the lamp through traffic at 7:36, and defenseman Roland McKeown bounced the puck in off the crossbar on IceHogs goaltender Jaxson Stauber at 10:22.
Sikura shortened the Admirals' lead to 3-2 with back-to-back tallies late in the introductory frame. As both chip-in goals came off rebound shots from IceHogs defenseman Isaak Phillips, Sikura poked the puck past Admirals netminder Yaroslav Askarov at 16:07 and 18:33 to pull within one goal of Milwaukee.
Skating past Milwaukee's defense and catching a pass from Phillips, IceHogs forward David Gust ripped the puck under Askarov's glove and scored the only goal of the second period at 7:04. Phillips assisted on all three Rockford goals.
The Admirals put pressure on Stauber throughout the third stanza including tallies from Afanasyev's wrap-around goal at 3:18 and forward Markus Nurmi's power play goal at 8:47.
Rockford was outshot 28-26 by the Admirals; both Stauber and Askarov totaled 23 saves on the night, but the Milwaukee goaltender earned the win.
IceHogs Highlights: IceHogs vs Admirals 11/26/22
IceHogs Postgame: Head Coach Anders Sorensen 11/26/22
IceHogs Postgame: Forward Dylan Sikura 11/26/22
Join the Screw City IceHogs on Friday, Dec. 9 against the Iowa Wild!
To honor the region's rich manufacturing history and the uniqueness of the "Screw City" nickname long associated with Rockford, the Rockford IceHogs will become the Screw City IceHogs on Friday, Dec. 9. Preorder a Screw City IceHogs replica jersey online now, and an additional line of Screw City merchandise will be available to purchase in the IceHogs team store at the BMO Center starting at the Dec. 9 game. Get tickets for the Screw City IceHogs game and learn more about the Screw City IceHogs at IceHogs.com/ScrewCity.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2022
- Reign fall to Roadrunners - Ontario Reign
- Antoine Bibeau Shines in Belleville Sens' Victory - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Dominate Amerks 5-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Oskari Salminen Finishes With 24 Saves In Victory - Manitoba Moose
- Texas Completes Two-Game Road Sweep Over Chicago - Texas Stars
- Manitoba's Power-Play Takes Down Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Stumble Against Phantoms In Weekend Finale - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Defeated by Stars 5-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Another Late Comeback Caps Pens' 3-2 Shootout Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dylan Garand Makes Career-High 38 Saves, But Wolf Pack Fall 1-0 in Shootout to Bears - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sikura Tallies Twice; Hogs Split Weekend with Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Prevail In 1-0 Shootout Win Over Wolf Pack - Hershey Bears
- Toporowski's Hat-Trick and Wagner's Overtime Winner Lead P-Bruins to 6-5 Victory Over Crunch - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Topped by Bruins, 6-5, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Afanasyev Scores Two in Admirals' Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sikura Tallies Twice, Hogs Split Weekend With Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds' Hard-Fought Effort Earns Point vs. Penguins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Sign Defenseman Jalen Smereck to PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- Comets Holtz Lifts Team In Overtime Over Checkers, 3-2 - Utica Comets
- Colorado Eagles Outlast Iowa Wild, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Colorado Rallies for Sixth-Straight Win in 2-1 Triumph Over Iowa - Colorado Eagles
- San Diego Gulls Reassign Goaltender Daniel Mannella to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Greaves Backs Monsters to 5-1 Win Over Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Colorado Eagles Recall Forward Tarun Fizer - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Eye Weekend Split in Rematch vs. Bears at XL Center - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Colorado Eagles - Iowa Wild
- NHL Veteran Alex Chiasson Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Brenden Miller to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #16 - Roadrunners at Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Surging Hogs Offense Heads to Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Sikura, Hogs Snap Admirals' Streak - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- 2022-23 Player Rewind - David Gust
- IIHF World Championship Update: Grimaldi Scores for Team USA in 4-1 Win over Austria
- IceHogs Sign Ryan Gagnier, One of OHL's Top Defensive Forwards, for 2023-24
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Goaltender Arvid Soderblom
- Rocco Grimaldi Added to 2023 U.S. Men's National Team Roster