Colorado Rallies for Sixth-Straight Win in 2-1 Triumph Over Iowa
November 26, 2022 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Colorado Eagles News Release
LOVELAND, CO. - Colorado forward Charles Hudon netted the game-tying goal late in the second period, while fellow forward Jean-Luc Foudy scored the game-winner early in the third, as the Eagles rallied for their sixth-straight win with a 2-1 victory over the Iowa Wild on Saturday. Goaltender Jonas Johansson claimed his sixth-consecutive win in net, making 29 saves on 30 shots.
Iowa would open the scoring on the power play when forward Joseph Cramarossa bashed home a rebound from the low slot to give the Wild a 1-0 edge just 7:11 into the contest. Colorado would go on to outshoot Iowa 12-9 in the opening 20 minutes, but the Wild would head to the first intermission still on top, 1-0.
The Eagles would level the score in the second period on a power play of their own, as Hudon sent a one-timer from the top of the right-wing circle into the back of the net. The goal was Hudon's team-leading eighth tally of the season and tied the game at 1-1 with only 27 seconds remaining in the middle frame.
Still deadlocked at 1-1 as the puck dropped on the third period of play, Foudy would track down a rebound in the right-wing circle and fired a wrister past Iowa goalie Jesper Wallstedt to give Colorado a 2-1 advantage at the 4:40 mark of the final frame.
The Wild would pull Wallstedt in the final two minutes of the contest, but the Eagles would not concede an equalizer, holding on for the 2-1 win. Colorado and Iowa each finished the game with 30 shots, as both teams went 1-for-3 on the power play.
The victory was also the Eagles seventh-straight win on home ice and extends their point streak to 10 games, with Colorado posting a record of 9-0-1 in that span.
The Eagles will be back in action when they travel to take on the San Diego Gulls on Wednesday, November 30th at 8:00pm MT at Pechanga Arena in San Diego, California. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale now and start at just $21. You can find more information on ticket packages, theme tickets, and promotional nights, by visiting ColoradoEagles.com or by calling the ticket department at (970) 686-7468.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2022
- Reign fall to Roadrunners - Ontario Reign
- Antoine Bibeau Shines in Belleville Sens' Victory - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Dominate Amerks 5-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Oskari Salminen Finishes With 24 Saves In Victory - Manitoba Moose
- Texas Completes Two-Game Road Sweep Over Chicago - Texas Stars
- Manitoba's Power-Play Takes Down Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Stumble Against Phantoms In Weekend Finale - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Defeated by Stars 5-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Another Late Comeback Caps Pens' 3-2 Shootout Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dylan Garand Makes Career-High 38 Saves, But Wolf Pack Fall 1-0 in Shootout to Bears - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sikura Tallies Twice; Hogs Split Weekend with Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Prevail In 1-0 Shootout Win Over Wolf Pack - Hershey Bears
- Toporowski's Hat-Trick and Wagner's Overtime Winner Lead P-Bruins to 6-5 Victory Over Crunch - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Topped by Bruins, 6-5, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Afanasyev Scores Two in Admirals' Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sikura Tallies Twice, Hogs Split Weekend With Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds' Hard-Fought Effort Earns Point vs. Penguins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Sign Defenseman Jalen Smereck to PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- Comets Holtz Lifts Team In Overtime Over Checkers, 3-2 - Utica Comets
- Colorado Eagles Outlast Iowa Wild, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Colorado Rallies for Sixth-Straight Win in 2-1 Triumph Over Iowa - Colorado Eagles
- San Diego Gulls Reassign Goaltender Daniel Mannella to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Greaves Backs Monsters to 5-1 Win Over Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Colorado Eagles Recall Forward Tarun Fizer - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Eye Weekend Split in Rematch vs. Bears at XL Center - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Colorado Eagles - Iowa Wild
- NHL Veteran Alex Chiasson Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Brenden Miller to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #16 - Roadrunners at Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Surging Hogs Offense Heads to Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Sikura, Hogs Snap Admirals' Streak - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Eagles Sign Forward Ryan Sandelin to Two-Year AHL Contract
- Roadrunners Top Eagles 2-1 in OT, as Colorado Clinches Playoff Berth
- Colorado Eagles Release McCourt, Cutler
- Tucson Scores Seven Unanswered to Thump Colorado, 7-1
- Forward Alex Galchenyuk Reassigned to Eagles